Company or Organization: CAREERS: The Next Generation
Position Title: Director, Communications
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: If you have a high energy level with skills in communications and public relations, we invite you to join our team in this newly created position. In this key corporate role you will develop and implement communications and Government relations strategies regarding the vision, mission and strategic priorities of CAREERS: The Next Generation. The position will preferably be located in Edmonton, however candidates in Calgary may be considered.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with CAREERS’ Executive team and Board of Directors to develop and execute communications and Government relations strategies that influence current and potential donors, stakeholders, educators, Government decision makers and the general public.
• Coordinate, develop and deliver a variety of print communications including newsletters, annual and special reports, funding proposals, program brochures and information, and material for marketing initiatives.
• Develop and implement a social media strategy that engages CAREERS youth and employers, recognizes investors, and consistently develops key messages across multiple social media channels.
• Work with Operations and Growth teams to develop and update marketing, public education and presentation materials that can be customized for local audiences across the province.
• Create tools to support messaging to Aboriginal youth and communities.
• Cultivate media relationships and develop and implement a public/media relations strategy that ensures CAREERS is consistently profiled “in the news”.
• Assist the Executive Team and Board Chair with presentations including key messages, speaking notes and support material such as publications, photographs and images.
• Develop and nurture positive working relationships with a variety of elected officials and senior Government bureaucrats through strategic positive outreach.
As Director, you will have the following attributes:
• An experienced communications professional with the ability to see the big-picture with problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Strategic communications, Government relations or related experience is required.
• Experience in the not-for-profit sector is preferred.
• Strong collaboration and relationship building skills.
• Capable of effectively communicating with a diverse audience.
• Excellent research, writing and editing skills across print and digital channels.
• Experience in leveraging digital and social media as communication tools.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field is required.
• Membership in a related professional association would be an asset.
How to apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@nextgen.org.
About the Company or Organization: CAREERS: The Next Generation is a unique, non-profit organization raising youth awareness of career options and helping youth earn while they learn through internship. We partner with Government, educators, communities, industry and parents to introduce youth to rewarding careers and develop the skilled workers of the future. Our vision is for strong, vibrant communities where youth develop their paths to career success.
Company website: http://www.nextgen.org
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found.