Company or Organization: Alberta Health Services
Position Title: Provincial Communications Lead, Human Resources and Internal Communications
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Provincial Communications Lead, Human Resources and Internal Communications
The Provincial Communications Lead, Human Resources and Internal Communications is a senior professional reporting to the Director, Internal Communications.
This position provides leadership and support in the development and implementation of communication and engagement activities. The position requires the planning and delivery of strategic communications, promotional activities and issues management activities in relation to internal communications, human resources and labour relations. The incumbent will provide support throughout the province.
This position is responsible for supervising and coordinating the work of internal communications advisors located in Edmonton and Calgary. This position requires independent thinking and the ability to work autonomously in undertaking the daily communications and engagement requirements of complex and significant projects and issues.
This position must identify and maintain critical relationships with a significant number of internal and external teams, partners and leaders, with whom interaction is fluent and frequent. This position regularly interacts with senior leadership at AHS, Alberta Health, and other stakeholder groups.
– A degree or diploma in communications, journalism or a related field
– Two or more years supervisory or project management experience
– A minimum of 6-8 years of progressive communications experience, preferably in a large, complex organization.
– Membership in IABC or CPRS is an asset although not mandatory
– Equivalent experience and qualifications will be considered
In addition, the incumbent will possess:
– Experience in the development of complex strategic communications plans
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Issues management experience
– Confidence and ability to give advice to senior leaders
– Strong leadership skills, with ability to motivate and coach employees
– Communications leadership and senior level thinking and implementation
– Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
– Ability to comprehend and communicate complex processes, issues and terminology
– Strong diplomacy and relationship building skills
– Ability to manage tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
How to apply: Apply online at AHS.ca/Careers. Click on Apply Now, then perform an Advanced Search for Requisition #448902 or go to this URL https://albertahealthservices.
About the Company or Organization: Alberta Health Services provides health care and promotes wellness to 4.1 million Albertans every day. We are the skilled and dedicated professionals, support staff and physicians who come from numerous disciplines, from all walks of life, and from all corners of the world to provide the highest quality health care to all our patients. Our mission is to provide a patient-focused, quality health system that is accessible and sustainable for all Albertans.
Closing Date: 2017-07-05
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday July 5th, 2017