Company or Organization: Covenant Health
Position Title: Director, Communications
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: The Director, Communications is a key leadership role that reports to the Chief Communications Officer. This position is accountable for leading teams in the strategic planning, integrated service delivery and evaluation of Communications services. The Director provides strategic communications and media relations advice to executive and senior leaders in support of the Covenant mission and Strategic Plan.
This position is responsible for providing the vision and leadership for the development, design and implementation of an integrated program of external and internal communications services.
The Director develops strategies to ensure initiatives, programs and services are in place to enhance awareness and understanding of our mission and contribution and to support relationship building, reputation, engagement and trust with the public and stakeholders. The Director’s responsibilities also include effective internal corporate communications strategies and tactics, and the effective management of communication services to support engagement, excellence in patient and resident care, change and issues management, and strategic initiatives.
The Director is responsible for building and leading a team and ensuring an integrated communications approach for maximum impact—as well as ensuring monitoring, evaluation of operations and initiatives to meet strategic goals. The position establishes and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external key communications stakeholders, including AHS, Government, and consultants.
The position is responsible for ensuring Communications programs and services are carried out in a manner consistent with Covenant Health’s Mission, Values and Ethical Guidelines.
- 10 years progressive experience in a communications leadership role in a large organization of significant complexity and diversity
- Experience advising executive/senior leaders
- Generalist experience in all aspects of core communication services, with experience in integrated communications across platforms, including digital and print
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong, integrated teams and to achieve team goals and deliver on strategic corporate objectives.
- Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, managerial courage to address issues, mentoring, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others
- Healthcare and/or public sector environment experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, including potential competitive and conflicting priorities and time pressures
- Uses strategic thinking, taking into account long-term goals assessing options and implications to advance Communications strategies and deliver high quality programs and services across the organization
- Demonstrated abilities in setting and achieving long range strategic directions, identifying emerging trends, managing and guiding change initiatives, functioning effectively within an inter-disciplinary team based setting, and providing exceptional leadership
- Successful record of achievement as a leader and experience in strategy, policy development, program management as well as delivery, measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of Communications programs and services within a large organization
- Innovative and dynamic leadership skills to direct the Communications services of the organization with compassion, dedication and operational business acumen
- Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing quality service
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated research, analytical, problem solving and consulting skills
- Demonstrated analytical, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of Communications best practices and emerging trends and application in Communications and in Communications technology
- The vision to identify emerging trends in communications and develop organizational responses to same
- A firm commitment to living the Mission, Vision and Values of Covenant Health
- Strong sense of personal and business integrity; commitment to ethical business behavior, alignment to organizational values and the Health Ethics Guide
- Proven ability to foster partnerships, work collaboratively within the department and the organization to achieve organizational goals within a large, diverse organization and managing within a unionized sector
- Ability to foster a climate of cooperation and build solid relationships with public agencies, government, boards, committees and other partners
- Ability to manage diverse human, financial and physical resources within a complex environment
- Understanding of budgeting process and operational cost reporting
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues
- Strong customer focus, commitment to continuous quality improvement and results-oriented management style
- Committed to personal development and participation in continuing education activities related to leading-edge human resource practices
- Combination of a related diploma AND professional designation from IABC or CPRS, with at least 10 years in a senior role in a complex, public sector environment would be considered
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the link below.
About the Company or Organization:
Company website: http://www.covenanthealth.ca
Closing Date: October 17, 2017