Company or Organization: City of Edmonton
Position Title: Brand Advisor (PIO II)
Position Type: Full time – temporary
Position Description and Qualifications: Brand Advisor (PIO II)
Job Number: 30803
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity where you can be a key player in shaping the City of Edmonton brand and advancing Edmonton’s global reputation? Are you passionate about delivering innovative, engaging and memorable brand marketing campaigns? Do you want to be part of a high-performance team committed to excellence, innovation and fun?
If you answered yes to these questions, we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for a multi-talented brand marketing professional to join the Brand Unit in Communications and Engagement. Working as part of a team, this position supports the City of Edmonton’s long term strategies for strengthening the City of Edmonton brand and advancing Edmonton’s reputation. As a valued member of the Brand Unit and Communications and Engagement, you will have the opportunity to work with peers and business partners across the Corporation to bring the corporate brand to life.
In this role you will:
- Support the formation of the corporate brand development framework, strategies and measurements
- Support and collaborate on advancing Edmonton’s place brand
- Recommend, support and lead research and/or environmental studies on both the corporate and place brands
- Draw insight from research and recommend benchmarks, success metrics and opportunities for improving brand awareness, perception and adoption
- Develop, implement and evaluate the success of tactical brand marketing plans, and align brand marketing efforts with corporate outcomes and City Council’s vision
- Manage project timelines and budgets by working with multiple stakeholders, identify issues and recommend action for improvement
- Manage the day-to-day brand support work
- Enhance partner relationships, and contribute to building a high-performance team
- University degree in a marketing, communications, public relations or related field supplemented by a minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in a brand, brand marketing, B2C or B2B marketing position, including experience in developing and/or implementing brand strategies
- Diploma in a marketing, communications, public relations or related field supplemented by a minimum 4 years of progressively responsible experience in brand, brand marketing, B2C or B2B marketing position, including experience in developing and/or implementing brand strategies
- Solid experience in developing, implementing and evaluating tactical brand plans, brand marketing campaigns and/or corporate marketing programs
- Demonstrated experience in drawing insight from marketing research (qualitative and quantitative) to identify gaps and develop measurable plans for capturing opportunities
- Experience in brand marketing research, brand journalism, reputation management, experiential marketing, content marketing and digital marketing
- Strong knowledge in both traditional and new marketing and communications mediums
- Strong consulting and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to present new ideas effectively to teams and leadership
- Ability to share and adopt innovative approaches and conceptualize solutions
- Ability to self motivate and work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Team experience working in a business environment or a large, complex organization
- Flexible to working outside of office hours, including weekends when needed
- Accreditation in Canadian Marketing Association (CMA), International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) an asset
- Applicants may be tested
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
1 temporary full time position, up to 11 months
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: $42.120 – $53.079 (Hourly), $74,204.910 – $93,511.930 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: SD/MZ
How to apply: Please apply to:
About the Company or Organization: What if you could work in an environment where your new and original ideas would be brought to life?
How would you feel if you could step into work every day and KNOW you’re making a difference in your City?
What about having an inspiring leadership team that empowers you to master your craft so that we can build a great City together? Let’s make that dream come true!
Follow our page to get started on a journey to do your life’s best work at the City of Edmonton!
Company website: http://www.edmonton.ca/careers
Closing Date: Oct. 30, 2017