Company or Organization: City of Edmonton
Position Title: Senior Communications Advisor, FCS
Position Type: Full time – temporary
Position Description and Qualifications: The Communications and Engagement team seeks two experienced Senior Communications Advisors to supervise a team of communications staff and oversee the development and delivery of strategic communications plans and products that support building a strong culture and a productive workplace within the City of Edmonton organization. As a supervisor, you will ensure communications activities and products are delivered on time and on budget, and are consistent with the City’s reputation and programming priorities.
Key duties include:
- Develop, supervise and motivate a high-performing team of communications professionals
- Create, refine, align and implement strategic communications plans mainly targeted at employee audiences
- Provide direct strategic and tactical communications advice and support for projects and programs
- Lead the development of corporate internal communications channels and programs
- Oversee the editorial plan and production of the City’s employee news web page
- Identify emerging and crisis issues and work with communications teams and clients to address them
- Track and report performance of the communications team in terms of effectiveness and efficiency in achieving intended outcomes
- Hire and manage external contractors and consultants to plan and execute public communications and public engagement activities
- Liaise with the City’s Media Relations Unit to coordinate all media and social media interactions and campaigns
- Liaise with the public engagement teams to design working groups, open houses, public meetings, surveys and online tools
- University graduation in a communications, public relations or related field, supplemented by a minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in a designated internal communications or public information/affairs position including experience in direct supervision of staff
- Diploma in a communications, public relations or related field, supplemented by a minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in a designated internal communications or public information/affairs position including experience in direct supervision of staff
- Extensive knowledge of the requirements of internal/employee communication as well as of mass communication media, external communications planning, media relations, public relations principles and practices
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory role supplemented by demonstrated collaborative and team building skills,
- Experience in successfully creating, developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans
- Social media understanding and experience
- Superior issues identification and management skills and proven client consulting and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience and proficiency with contemporary computer technologies (e.g. Google platform, Adobe suite, etc.)
- Certification in change management methodology and accreditation in the International Association of
- Business Communicators (IABC) or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) would be assets
- Experience working with large organizations, particularly in the public sector, would be an asset
- This position requires the successful candidate to be available for on-call work, outside of regular work hours.
- Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
- Applicants may be tested
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 2 temporary full time position up to 11 months
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This position requires the successful candidate to be available for on-call work, outside of regular work hours. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
Salary: $45.202 – $56.807 (Hourly), $79,634.620 – $100,079.730 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: SD/MZ
How to apply: Please send your application to:
About the Company or Organization: What if you could work in an environment where your new and original ideas would be brought to life?
How would you feel if you could step into work every day and KNOW you’re making a difference in your City?
What about having an inspiring leadership team that empowers you to master your craft so that we can build a great City together? Let’s make that dream come true!
Follow our page to get started on a journey to do your life’s best work at the City of Edmonton!
Company website: http://www.edmonton.ca/careers
Closing Date: Oct. 27, 2017 11:59:00 PM (MDT)