Company or Organization: Alberta Blue Cross
Position Title: Manager, Community Engagement
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: A key aspect of Alberta Blue Cross’s brand and reputation is the role we play in the lives of Albertans and the communities we serve. As we continue to expand our role through our Blue For Life vision, we are adding resource to the Corporate Relations division to support our organization in leading and managing our wide range of community engagement activities. As such, we have an immediate opening for a talented, energetic, team-oriented, hard-working and competent individual to join our busy Corporate Relations division in the new role of Manager, Community Engagement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Manager, Community Engagement will play an active role coordinating community relations involvements and corporate sponsorships as well as initiatives such as the Alberta Blue Cross Scholarship Program, Healthy Communities Grant Program and Street Team. Through this role, the manager will maximize the effectiveness and brand reach of sponsorships with partner organizations; build and expand relationships with partner organizations; leverage opportunities for onsite and cross-promotion of involvements; identify and explore opportunities for future community engagement initiatives; coordinate participation and attendance at sponsored events and functions; and undertake follow-up to assess value, reach and coordination of recognition. This individual will also provide planning, coordination and budgeting support for community engagement activities. As our involvements are province-wide, this position will require occasional travel across Alberta and will include occasional evening/ weekend commitments throughout the year.
This position will report directly to the Vice-President of Corporate Relations and will work closely with the Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications department, which is committed to communications best practices and has earned numerous awards for its quality work.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Public Relations or comparable relevant field of study.
- Minimum of five to ten years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Proven organizational, project management, time management and multitasking abilities.
- Strong writing and presentation abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, high detail orientation, high level of resourcefulness and creativity.
- High level of professionalism and service orientation.
- Proficiency in software including Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of social media tools, trends and capabilities.
- Understanding of graphic and web design is an asset.
- Understanding of current events, government and the health care industry are definite assets.
- Professional membership in CPRS, IABC or IAP2 is preferred.
- High level of proficiency with the English language (both written and spoken).
How to apply:
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. We are recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume detailing previous relevant experience, providing examples of work and including salary expectations to us. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. For more information and to apply, please visit our web site at https://www.ab.bluecross.ca/ca
About the Company or Organization: Alberta Blue Cross has an extremely strong reputation among Albertans. In addition to reputation index surveys that consistently score Alberta Blue Cross above our competitors, Alberta Blue Cross has been recognized as one of Alberta’s Top 10 Most Loved Brands and one of the province’s Most Respected Organizations. On a national basis, Blue Cross is ranked as the most trusted insurance brand in Canada, as Canada’s top health insurance brand, as Canada’s most trusted travel insurance provider and as one of Canada’s Top 100 consumer brands two years running.
Company website: http://www.ab.bluecross.ca
Closing Date: November 30