Company or Organization: EPCOR Utilities Inc
Position Title: Senior Advisor, Communications
Position Type: Full time – temporary
Position Description and Qualifications: Electricity Operations’ Communications team has an excellent opportunity for an experienced public relations professional who will step into the role of Senior Advisor, Communications for an 11-month term. This is an exciting opportunity in which you will provide strategic counsel and support to internal clients who require effective communications plans that enhance EPCOR’s reputation and corporate culture, as well as advance business goals and priorities. This role supports public education initiatives, provides customer relations support and executes event and sponsorship initiatives. The successful candidate can also anticipate playing a significant role in issues management.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a four-year degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Four to six years of progressively responsible roles in internal and external communications.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering effective, measurable communications across a range of channels, including social, digital and interactive media.
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills across print and digital channels.
- Experience in issues management and media relations that speak to your sound judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Proven project management and communication planning skills, including a high degree of comfort in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift.
- Familiarity with planning events, including sponsorships and volunteer coordination.
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills with the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to envision the big picture, linking business goals/priorities and company positions to their work.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, website content management systems, web and social media analytics programs, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop.
- Experience in the utilities industry and accreditation with the International Association of Business Communicators or Canadian Public Relations Society are considered assets.
Our best candidate must conduct themselves professionally at all times, possess a strong work ethic and be regarded as a positive, proactive worker who is focused on continuous improvement. These abilities must be supplemented with excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated attention to detail and critical thinking aptitude. Other demonstrated competencies required to be successful in this position include taking initiative, adapting to change and demonstrating the ability to collaborate with others.
This is a unionized position under Civic Service Union Local#52 (CSU52). As an employee on the Shared Services (Operational Communications) team you will be part of the union and therefore you will pay Union Dues that will be deducted from your pay each pay period. Class code is P2 with a Wage of $43.39 to 51.71 per hour. Final Wage and Step will be determined at the time of selection and is based on a combination of factors as outlined in the CA that may be found online. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. Due to the nature of this position the ability to work overtime will be required.
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
How to apply: Thank you for your interest in a career with EPCOR. Due to the large volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
EPCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, suitability and, where appropriate, seniority.
EPCOR only accepts resumes via on-line application at www.epcor.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered.
Please refer to IRC38882
About the Company or Organization: Clean water and reliable electricity are at the heart of what we do. We proudly keep the lights on and the water flowing in over 100 communities across North America. With a rich 125-year history, EPCOR has ambitions to be one of North America’s premier providers of essential services, and we have the top employer and sustainability awards to prove it. If you’re looking for new opportunities, people who care and work that matters, apply today to find a career where you matter more. Check out epcor.com/careers to find out more.
Electricity Operations is responsible for the electrical transmission and distribution systems in the City of Edmonton, with a focus on safety, reliability, and innovative and practical solutions. Our employees look after electrical infrastructure as well as the underground and aerial distribution networks.
Company website: http://www.epcor.com/careers
Closing Date: November 5, 2017