Company or Organization: CPA Alberta
Position Title: Communications Coodinator
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: The Role
As part of CPA Alberta’s Communications team and reporting to the Director, Communications, the Communications Coordinator is helps CPA Alberta effectively deliver its messages to stakeholders. This includes ensuring that mass emails are handled consistently and appropriately on behalf of various departments within CPA Alberta, and that website content is thorough and current. The Coordinator will also assist in creating content for various CPA Alberta communication vehicles. The Coordinator also works on a number of other projects as assigned, which may include some administrative tasks.
- Compile and coordinate distribution of email to large audiences.Writing, formatting and posting of website content on the CPA Alberta website and affiliated microsites.Proofing and approving website content submitted by other departments.
- Regularly checking website for broken links, outdated content, and other issues.
- Providing writing and other support to the Communications team in the planning and execution of projects, including acting as editor of CPA Alberta’s internal newsletter, In Touch.
- Writing articles for CPA Alberta communication vehicles, such as Dividends and Capitalize.
- Liaising with advertisers and potential advertisers in CPA Alberta publications.
- Providing administrative support, if required.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism. Equivalencies will be considered, especially degrees or diplomas from programs that include development of strong writing skills.
- This entry level position will be ideal for a recent graduate or an individual with 1 – 2 years experience.
- Exceptional organizational, data entry and typing skills, strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- High familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledgeable of best practices in writing for the web.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with all staff, members and general public.
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- A “take ownership” team player with a positive “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Value and Ethics
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- Service Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Fast-paced work environment.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Occasional travel between Edmonton and Calgary required.
Location: Edmonton or Calgary office
How to apply: Qualified interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position title with #2017 – 69 in the subject line.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
About the Company or Organization: Organization Overview
CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 28,500 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s members are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs. CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary.
Further information can be found at our website: www.cpaalberta.ca.
Company website: http://www.cpaalberta.ca
Closing Date: November 30, 2017