Company or Organization: Alberta Blue Cross
Position Title: Communications officer
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic, team-oriented, hard-working and competent individual to join our busy Corporate Communications department in the position of communications officer. The Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications department develops and delivers timely, effective and cost-efficient internal and external communications to support our organization’s three business units (government, group and individual products), key stakeholders, our employees and various corporate initiatives including sponsorships and community engagement activities. Team members are quality-minded, responsive and dedicated to providing timely service. They hold themselves accountable for high levels of performance. The Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications department is committed to communications best practices and has earned numerous awards for its quality work.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The communications officer leads and assists with the planning and execution of a wide variety of communications initiatives for both internal and external audiences. These include print and online materials, advertising campaigns, presentations and special events. He or she will support and promote social media engagement for Alberta Blue Cross and proactively look for opportunities to improve our social media presence. The communications officer is required to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities, carrying several projects at once—both independently and under the supervision of others—and may occasionally be required to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• University degree in communications or a degree plus a diploma in Public Relations.
• Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
• Proven organizational, project management, time management and multitasking abilities.
• Strong writing and presentation abilities.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High detail orientation.
• High level of resourcefulness and creativity.
• High level of professionalism and service orientation.
• Proficiency in software including Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Knowledge of social media tools, trends and capabilities.
• Display an understanding of online marketing, blogs and social media analytics.
• Understanding of graphic and web design (along with related technologies) is an asset.
• Understanding of current events, government and the health-care industry are definite assets.
• Professional membership in CPRS or IABC is preferred.
• High level of proficiency with the English language (both written and spoken).
How to apply: Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging, team-oriented environment. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume, a minimum of three work samples and/or links to web sites or online portfolio and salary expectations to us. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. For more information and to apply, please visit our web site at https://www.ab.bluecross.ca/
About the Company or Organization: As Alberta’s largest benefits carrier, Alberta Blue Cross provides health and dental benefits to meet the needs of more than 1.7 million Albertans. We offer benefit plans for individuals and families, seniors, and large and small employers.
Alberta Blue Cross has an extremely strong reputation among Albertans. In addition to reputation index surveys that consistently score Alberta Blue Cross above our competitors, Alberta Blue Cross has been recognized as one of Alberta’s Top 10 Most Loved Brands and one of the province’s Most Respected Organizations. On a national basis, Blue Cross is ranked as the most trusted insurance brand in Canada, as Canada’s top health insurance brand, as Canada’s most trusted travel insurance provider and as one of Canada’s Top 100 consumer brands two years running.
Company website: http://www.ab.bluecross.ca
Closing Date: Dec. 31, 2017
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Sunday December 31st, 2017