Company or Organization: City of Edmonton
Position Title: Communications Advisor, Financial & Corporate Services
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Communications Advisor, Financial & Corporate Services
Job Number: 30964
The City of Edmonton is seeking up to two experienced communications professionals to join the skilled team supporting the Finance and Corporate Services department. This diverse area includes the City’s financial branches as well as Human Resources, Law, Information Technology and other areas that provide support to colleagues across the City.
There are opportunities in this group to do nearly every kind of communications work, both internal and external, from strategic work in communications planning and issues management to development of collateral and advertising.
- You will make a difference every day advancing, enhancing and protecting the City’s reputation as you:Lead the development, implementation, planning and management of strategic short and long term communications strategies to support multiple business partner groups
- Proactively and reactively media relations and potential issues including planning and managing media events, developing strategies and messaging and coaching spokespeople
- Leverage social media in support of corporate objectives, including generating social media plans, writing content, and liaising with the Media Relations Unit to optimize social media use
- Work with clients, designers and suppliers to help create effective communication and advertising products, on or under budget
Support marketing and education initiatives as well as client responses to citizen inquiries
- Edit, develop and update web and 311 content
- Make complex ideas and specialized information understandable and meaningful to target audiences
- Organize and coordinate events, including writing speaking notes, liaising with participants and producing other materials that may be required
- Degree in communications, public relations or related field, supplemented by a minimum of 2 years’ progressively responsible experience in a designated corporate communications, public relations, public affairs or public information position
- Diploma in a communications, public relations or related field, supplemented by a minimum of 4 years’ progressively responsible experience in a designated corporate communications, public relations, public affairs or public information position
- Experience with corporate communication tools, communication planning, advertising, printing, graphic design, traditional media, social media and other web-based communications
- Demonstrated experience in successfully creating, developing, implementing and evaluating communications plans
- Experience working with diverse stakeholder groups impacted by projects or initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with traditional media relations
- Demonstrated proficiency using Google applications is required. Adobe Suite is considered an asset
- Superior issues identification and management skills along with proven client consulting and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Applicants may be tested
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 1 permanent full time and up to 2 temporary full time up to 8 and 11 months
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday – Friday. On occasion, after hours work may be required.
Salary: $42.120 – $53.079 (Hourly); $74,204.91 – $93,511.93 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: SD/MZ
How to apply: APPLY ONLINE: https://coe.imomentous.com/job
About the Company or Organization: What if you could work in an environment where your new and original ideas would be brought to life? How would you feel if you could step into work every day and KNOW you’re making a difference in your City?
What about having a leadership team that supports flexible work arrangements while empowering you to master your craft so that we can build a great City together?
Follow our page!
Company website: https://www.edmonton.ca/city_g
Closing Date: Dec 1, 2017