Company or Organization: City of St. Albert
Position Title: Marketing and Communications Supervisor
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
As Alberta’s ‘Botanical Arts City’, St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 64,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
The Recreation and Parks department is recruiting a Marketing and Communications Supervisor to oversee the promotion/communication of Recreation and Parks programs, services, amenities, events, activities, and capital projects to target audiences including facility members, visitors, the community, and media.
Reporting to the Manager, Business & Marketing, the Supervisor plays a key role in:
- Creating, managing and evaluating marketing, communication, and public engagement strategies;
- Developing, evaluating and coordinating production of marketing/communication material including print ads, brochures, newsletters, program guides, annual reports, print and electronic signage;
- Annual planning of activities including media planning and allocation including print, digital and social media;
- Overseeing all aspects of content management, design, and maintenance of Recreation & Parks websites;
- Coordinating content on all Recreation and Parks related social media accounts;
- Production coordination with graphic designers, agencies, and suppliers;
- Coordinating photo shoots, video shoots or external contracted services;
- Receiving and responding to media inquiries;
- Providing marketing and communications advice to department colleagues;
- Customer data and reporting analysis, including collecting and analyzing data and reporting results to clients.
This position directly supervises two Marketing and Communications Coordinators, so the role is well suited to someone who enjoys leading a team. The individual we are looking for has strong communication and interpersonal skills and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
- Diploma in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations required, with 6 years related experience, and minimum 2 years supervisory experience, or
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations with at least 4 years related experience, including minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of marketing communications processes including strategy development, writing, editing, print production, print, digital and social advertising, media buying, internal communications, media relations, stakeholder relations, and event coordination.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Extensive experience with website content management (preferably ExpressionEngine), CRM software (preferably recreation software), social media, production and mobile application software.
- Class 5 Drivers License is required for the position.
- Memberships with CPRS, IABC or ACE are beneficial.
HOURS OF WORK
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks). There may be the occasional requirement for extra and evening hours, which could include attendance at meetings and events.
$72,793 – $88,563 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
The successful applicant will need to obtain and maintain a satisfactory police information check.
How to apply: Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website http://www.stalbert.ca/employm
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About the Company or Organization:
Company website: http://www.stalbert.ca/employm
Closing Date: Open until filled