Company or Organization: RC Strategies+PERC
Position Title: Graphic Design & Communications Lead
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Job Summary
The Graphic Design & Communications Lead is an integral role in the company, responsible for all external print and electronic material and media production. The position works with all members of the firm in the design and production of all documents, reports, public display materials, unique infographics, charts, maps, and logos as well as other project related collateral. Contributions of the Graphic Design & Communications Lead may involve a strict interpretation of existing client standards/guidelines and protocols; alternatively it may necessitate a uniquely designed solution. Ultimately the work must reflect the perspectives of the client.
The position is involved in virtually all projects from the upfront proposal stage through to final reporting and associated deliverables. While the position is primarily one of document design, the firm is interested in people who may bring a broader communications and / or writing / proof reading perspective to the full time position. Depending upon the skills and aptitude of the successful candidate there may be opportunities for the individual to be involved in other aspects of the firm’s work. The position would be based in Sherwood Park, Alberta office; consideration however will be given to the Lead working from his / her home office. Other than for some document pick-up and delivery there is no travel associated with the position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creation and maintenance of custom/project specific:
o Multi-page documents/reports using Adobe InDesign;
o Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and Word document templates;
o Graphics for reports using Adobe Illustrator illustrating complex hierarchies and concepts;
o Maps illustrating a wide range of information and locations; and
o Large-format displays for public viewings and events.
- Maintain and edit a Word Press website and upload a wide variety of content to a webserver using SFTP protocols.
- Creation of custom proposal and memo documents that reflect the specific formatting and submission requirements of individual Request for Proposal (RFP) (or similar) documents.
- Management of all company advertising (online and print).
- Liaise with clients in a business-appropriate manner (other the phone, via email, and in-person) regarding project content and edits; required/missing document components; project logo creation; creation of display materials. and a wide range of other topics to ensure projects are completed to a high standard and to the client’s needs and satisfaction.
- Pick-up and shipping of proposal (and other) documents/packages (via Purolator, UPS, etc.) to meet strict delivery deadlines.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and changing project priorities with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and able to manage personal responsibilities for multiple projects at once.
- Ability to properly organize and maintain a large library of files (images, documents, etc.).
- Typesetting and document organization and design skills are a necessity.
- Branding and identity creation, including the creation of project-specific logos, advertisements (posters, newspaper, email, etc.), and other collateral (branding guidelines for client use, delivery of project logos/collateral in a variety of formats).
- Pre-press production knowledge and the ability to liaise with professional print production shops for a variety of projects, large and small.
- Proofreading and content editing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of copyright laws and the proper use of Creative Commons licensed materials to protect the company from infringement prosecution, especially regarding the use of stock photography, graphics, and typefaces.
- Illustration skills are an advantage, but not required.
- Photography skills are an advantage, but not required.
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
* Knowledge of Dreamweaver beneficial, but not required.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Microsoft Windows operating system
- Basic website development skills (HTML/CSS, Word Press)
- WinSCP/FileZilla (or other SFTP-capable transfer client equivalent)
- Skype/GoTo Meeting
- Knowledge of how to purchase stock photography from iStock (www.istockphoto.com)
- Experience with Google Earth is useful, but not required
- Diploma/Certificate/Degree in graphic design-related studies (or equivalent).
How to apply: Email cover letter along with CV to:
with “Graphic Communications Lead” in the subject line
About the Company or Organization: About RC Strategies+PERC
RC Strategies+PERC is a consulting firm with offices in Sherwood Park, Alberta and Vancouver, British Columbia. The firm has 6 full time staff and employs several part time & contract staff. Working across western and northern Canada, RC Strategies+PERC provides consulting services to municipalities and not-for-profit community organizations on community services issues. These typically involve recreation, parks, culture, and social services projects. (Refer to the company website: rcstrategies.ca).
The firm is an industry leader and is one of the few firms specializing in this work in the country. Projects range from small short term facilitation engagements through to large planning exercises that span across a calendar year. Firm personnel will travel to the communities and may manage in excess of two dozen projects at any one time. The company primarily produces documentation. This documentation must reflect the clients we work for and the communities within which we work. As well the materials produced must communicate a high level of professionalism and expertise. Good design and production enhances the content and is critical in the firm’s success.
Closing Date: April 30, 2018
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Monday April 30th, 2018