Company or Organization: e4c
Position Title: Senior Communications Coordinator – Business Support Services
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Are you a business professional who is passionate about building a career in Communications and Marketing? Are you excited at the prospect of developing and delivering initiatives to support e4c’s overall branding strategy? This is an exciting opportunity for a business professional to play an integral role in our Communications and Fund Development department while gaining valuable experience in a variety of functions within a non-profit charitable organization.
e4c is a not-for-profit organization that works across Edmonton, helping people get what they need to tackle life’s challenges. At e4c, we are working to limit, alleviate and ultimately eliminate poverty in Edmonton. Everyone has a story . . . and we believe in a future where poverty isn’t part of it.
As a Senior Communications Coordinator, you will work as part of a team to deliver e4c’s communication and marketing initiatives and tools in order to support the overall needs of the agency. You will act as a leader in supervising project delivery for integrated initiatives in the Communications and Fund Development department. You will have the opportunity to engage with consultants, external agencies and suppliers in the delivery of communication tools for use at the agency and program level.
Hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm; potential weekend work and last minute notification to attend meetings based upon agency needs.
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role, You Will
- Engage with internal and external resources (human and financial) to extend department capacity.
- Deliver communications, marketing initiatives and tools using a combination of internal and external resources and relationships.
- Build organizational story telling capacity to support e4c communication and marketing messaging, products, projects and initiatives that includes new and existing multiple channels and stakeholder audience groups.
- Create, implement and support brand standards and the overall visual identity for e4c by utilizing internal and external elements of the e4c brand.
- Administer, maintain and update the e4c website.
- Manage e4c’s overall online presence on social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube etc.
- Coordinate all aspects of production and development (including: writing, designing, producing, printing and distributing) for print communications (including: annual and special reports, external and internal newsletters and program brochures and information).
- Develop audio visual tools for use in special projects, e4c website and multimedia content such as presentations, videos and web blogs.
- Facilitate positive relationship building with e4c’s external media buyers on advertising campaigns and traditional media.
Education and Certifications
- Degree or diploma in Business, Marketing, or Communications.
- Police Information Check.
- Intervention Record Check.
- 5+ years as a practitioner in the communications or marketing field
- 3+ years of experience in a Team Lead or supervisory role
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Experience with hands on delivery of a wide range of communications tools and initiatives (traditional media, social media, web and print production).
- Capable of establishing effective working relationships with all stakeholders in a large and complex operating environment as well as with external suppliers.
- Proven ability to lead and manage print, visual, electronic and digital communication processes.
- Experience and flexibility to move from hands on delivery to project management.
- Strong understanding of the agencies strategic plan as well as persons served experience; and the connection to driving impactful communications.
- Proficiency in a computerized environment using both PC and Mac based platforms. Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to translate concepts to a lay audience.
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills enabling interaction at all levels inside and outside the agency.
- Demonstrated advising and coaching abilities.Exceptional creative, organizational, project management and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to define problems, provide solutions and an action plan.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking and planning with attention to detail.
- Commitment to working within a trauma informed, harm reduction model
How to apply
Please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume with your application at the following:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
About the Company or Organization: e4c is a not-for-profit organization that works across Edmonton, helping people get what they need to tackle life’s challenges. At e4c, we are working to limit, alleviate and ultimately eliminate poverty in Edmonton. Everyone has a story . . . and we believe in a future where poverty isn’t part of it. Our daily work focuses on addressing people’s most urgent needs in the here and now, while looking to provide support in moving towards lasting, positive change. e4c’s focus areas include food security, shelter and housing, community connections, and education and skill development and we draw upon resources in each area to meet the needs of the individual. This integrated approach allows us to wrap people in the right services, at the right time, based on what they need and what they are comfortable with receiving.
Company website: https://e4calberta.org/
Closing Date: May 4, 2016
This career listing expires at 11:59am on Friday May 4th, 2018