Company or Organization: Alberta Blue Cross
Position Title: Graphic Designer
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Our ideal candidate is a creative problem solver and team player, primarily responsible for collaborating with a variety of individuals to develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts. This work may include interactive presentations, communication briefs, advertising and marketing campaigns, events, brochures, newsletters, reports, forms, specialty items and a variety of other projects. This position works closely with other team members, project managers, executive, procurement, corporate services and external vendors.
- The ability to analyze requirements with defined budgets.
- Develop well thought out design rationales that meet or exceed client needs.
- Design and production of a variety of communication materials for both internal and external audiences—as required—to ensure projects are completed to our standards and on time.
- Work under tight deadlines and changing priorities while satisfying client expectations and carrying several projects at once.
- Present designs an key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in graphic design or visual communications with a minimum of three years graphic design experience in a corporate environment.
- Ability to effectively manage priorities and work under pressure while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of print processes and basic web design standards.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- A high level of professionalism, resourcefulness and creativity.
- Service oriented.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint in a PC environment.
- Professional membership in GDC an asset.
How to apply: Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. We are recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume and links to web sites or online portfolio and salary expectations to us. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. For more information and to apply, please visit our web site at https://www.ab.bluecross.ca/
About the Company or Organization: The Corporate Communications department is a dynamic team of professionals responsible for coordinating public and media relations, advertising, internal and external communications and is committed to communications best practices. Sometimes you may be required to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
Company website: https://www.ab.bluecross.ca/
Closing Date: May 31, 2018
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Thursday May 31st, 2018