Company or Organization: Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation
Position Title: Communications Co-ordinator
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Making a life-changing difference for kids and families by helping to give the sickest kids the best chance, anywhere in the world, to live a long and healthy life. That’s what we do at the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation. Is that what you want to do?
Strategy meets creativity when you’re part of our marketing & communications team.
You’re a quick thinker and even quicker on your feet as you skillfully manage many competing priorities. You’re a true collaborator who’s skilled at working across teams to support diverse fundraising needs. You’re a talented writer who can keep it tight, light and bright as you share impact with our donors. And at the heart of it all, you’re a genuine storyteller who’s passionate about stories that educate, inspire and motivate.
From working directly with Stollery families to share their compelling stories, to creating targeted communications materials for special events and fundraising campaigns, you know how to reach the right audiences, at the right time, in the right way.
Everything we do is for Stollery kids and their families. As a member of our award-winning creative team, you’ll work with solution-focused team members who encourage ideas, take initiative, embrace change and celebrate success. We look forward to seeing examples of your work along with your application.
Reporting to the associate director, marketing & communications, you will:
- Plan, manage and grow our Stollery family program to help support our annual business and communications goals, including our fundraising, marketing and media relations strategies.
- Identify new families and translate their emotion and gratitude into inspiring and compelling print and digital content including media kits, lottery marketing materials, social media posts, videos, special events collateral, impact reports, brochures and sponsorship packages.
- Align the right families/stories with the appropriate awareness, fundraising and donor recognition opportunities.
- Provide pre-event, on-site and post-event support for families, and track their participation through database management programs like Raiser’s Edge and Volgistics. Meet creative deadlines and our high standard for accuracy.
- Co-ordinate and support projects that need marketing & communications support including conducting needs-assessments, creating communications and/or tactics plans and measuring outcomes.
- Work with outside vendors including print and creative agencies to make sure production is on time and meets brand standards.
- Collaborate across all Foundation teams to identify and support new donor awareness and fundraising opportunities.
- Provide best-practice communications advice by actively participating on internal and external working groups, and developing relationships with key stakeholder groups.
As our ideal candidate, you’re someone who is:
- An educated communicator with a diploma or degree in public relations, communications or equivalent.
- Ideally searching for that next-step position in your career with a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Comfortable and skilled at working with people in sensitive situations.
- Familiar with basic project management.
- An active member of CPRS or IABC.
- Curious, self-motivated, accountable, flexible, positive, fun – and a food lover!
If this position describes you and you are motivated to make a difference in the lives of children, we invite you to submit your cover letter, résumé and two writing samples. This position will remain open until a qualified candidate is found.
** Enter “CommsCoordinator” in the subject line.
About the Company or Organization:
In support of the Stollery Children’s Hospital, the Foundation advances excellence and transforms children’s health by:
- raising money in support of the pursuit of excellence in children’s health care;
- educating communities about the Hospital’s needs; and
- thanking donors by sharing with them the impact of their gifts.
Company website: https://www.stollerykids.com/
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.