Company or Organization: EPCOR
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: This position is accountable for the planning, maintenance and day-to-day execution of communications that inform and engage employees and customers while contributing to EPCOR’s positive brand and reputation. The Coordinator, Communications is also responsible for building positive relationships with internal clients and offering strategic and creative communications solutions. We currently have 1 (one) permanent full-time position available.
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the Coordinator, Communications is accountable for but not limited to:
- Working closely with senior-level team members and others within EPCOR Public & Government Affairs to provide advice and deliver effective communications strategies, tools, tactics, approaches and best practices.
- Consulting with Operations and other communications counterparts to select and use appropriate communications channels to engage employees, customers and stakeholders.
- Writing and editing a wide variety of communications materials, such as articles, briefing notes and speaking notes.
- Drafting web content in a way that is customer-focused and meets business objectives.
- Developing and delivering presentations that effectively communicate key messages and appeal to broad audiences.
- Planning and the day-to-day maintenance of content for the Electricity Operations section of EPCOR’s employee intranet, EPCORnet. This includes seeking out, writing and posting engaging stories that reflect business needs and adhere to a high editorial standard.
- Coordinating the maintenance of employee channels, such as email bulletins, digital displays and print materials.
- Participating in event coordination by generating promotional ideas, overseeing logistics and supporting volunteers.
- Supporting key employee initiatives/events and other Operational Communications projects and activities, as assigned. This could include aspects related to photography, video, and social media.
- Demonstrating a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy to do business with manner of working.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a two-year post-secondary diploma in public relations or a related field
- Between 1-3 years of directly related experience
- Advanced ability to develop, write and edit communications materials targeted at different audiences and using varied channels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver professional presentations along with demonstrated success in delivering presentations
- Ability to manage multi-faceted, complex projects
- Experienced in using digital channels and engagement /social media platforms
- Strong research, writing and editing skills; attention to detail
- Demonstrated collaborative approach, including ability to build relationships and work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Applies effective communications/public relations fundamentals to every project
- Engaged in digital/web concepts, techniques and trends
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft SharePoint
How to apply: EPCOR only accepts through www.epcor.com/careers where you can also find more information on this position.
About the Company or Organization: Clean water and reliable energy are at the heart of what we do. We proudly keep the lights on and the water flowing in over 100 communities across North America. With a rich 125-year history, EPCOR has ambitions to be one of North America’s premier providers of essential services, and we have the top employer and sustainability awards to prove it. If you’re looking for new opportunities, people who care and work that matters, apply today to find a career where you matter more. Check out epcor.com/careers to find out more.
Electricity Operations is responsible for the electrical transmission and distribution systems in the City of Edmonton, with a focus on safety, reliability, and innovative and practical solutions. Our employees look after electrical infrastructure as well as the underground and aerial distribution networks.
Company website: https://www.epcor.com/Pages/
Closing Date: May 28, 2018
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Monday May 28th, 2018