Company or Organization: Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation
Position Title: Digital Marketing Advisor
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Making a life-changing difference for kids and families by helping to give the sickest kids the best chance, anywhere in the world, to live a long and healthy life. That’s what we do at the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation. Is that what you want to do?
DIGITAL MARKETING ADVISOR
Strategy meets creativity when you’re part of our marketing & communications team.
You’re a quick thinker and even quicker on your feet as you skillfully manage many competing priorities. You’re a true collaborator who’s skilled at working across teams to support diverse fundraising needs. You’re a talented digital marketer and communicator who can keep it tight, light and bright as you share impact with our donors. And at the heart of it all, you’re a genuine storyteller who’s passionate about stories that educate, inspire and motivate.
From creating clear and compelling digital content for a variety of channels including web and social media, to developing creative and effective digital marketing strategies that get results, you know how to reach the right
audiences, at the right time, in the right way.
Everything we do is for Stollery kids and their families. And as a member of our award-winning creative team, you’ll work with solution-focused team members who encourage ideas, take initiative, embrace change and celebrate success. If you want to share samples of your work along with your application, we’d love to see them.
Reporting to the vice-president, marketing & communications, you will:
- Apply industry best practices to create, update and maintain timely, accurate and compelling digital content to reach key audiences and influence behavior
- Clearly integrate Foundation marketing and communications materials in web design and navigation, and across all other digital and social media platforms
- Recommend, plan and implement digital marketing strategies to support annual business plan goals including fundraising campaigns
- Work directly with third-party vendors such as web systems support and digital marketing firms to maximize digital functionality
- Project manage a comprehensive, evolving digital strategy, with the help of a third-party consulting firm, from conducting a Foundation-wide audit to full scale implementation
- Create digital assets such as video and interactive media to integrate storytelling into a variety of online formats
- Research, track and report on all online analytics to support digital marketing strategies
As our ideal candidate, you’re someone who is:
- An educated communicator with a diploma or degree in public relations, communications, digital media or equivalent
- An expert in social media platforms, social media management tools such as Sprout Social and Hootsuite, SEO and using Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Experienced in using Blackbaud NetCommunity or similar email marketing tools, and Raiser’s Edge or similar database management systems
- Experienced in building websites with WordPress, HTML and CSS is also considered an asset
- Ideally searching for that next-step career move with a minimum of three years of related experience
- Experienced at managing projects from concept to completion, and providing needs-based customer service
- Experienced in a not-for-profit environment (an asset)
- An active member of CPRS or IABC
- Curious, self-motivated, accountable, flexible, positive, fun – and a food lover!
- Able to work outside regular hours to promote and support Foundation events
- Able to maintain a valid driver’s license and has access to a vehicle
How to apply: If this position describes you and you are motivated to make a difference in the lives of children, we invite you to submit your cover letter, résumé and samples of your digital work.
** Enter “Digital Comms Advisor” in the subject line
About the Company or Organization: The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation advances children’s health care right in your own backyard by funding excellence at the Stollery Children’s Hospital: specialized equipment and facilities for pediatric care; sub-specialty education to train the brightest medical minds; research to discover new treatments and cures; and specialized pediatric programs that improve family-centred care and patient and family outcomes. Together, we can give the sickest kids the best chance, anywhere in the world, to live a long and healthy life.
Company website: https://www.stollerykids.com/
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.