Company or Organization: City of Edmonton
Position Title: Communication Coordinator, Waste Services
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Job Number: 32831
Are you a passionate communications professional looking to apply your creative energy and talents to meaningful work that serves your community?
Do you have great ideas on how to inform the public about City of Edmonton programs related to recycling, composting, waste collection, and a range of initiatives that support the City’s commitment to sustainable and innovative waste management?
Join the City Operations communications team and help contribute to making Edmonton a great city!
In this dynamic work environment, you will:
- Assist in providing strategic communications advice and planning for clients and programs within the Waste Services branch
- Help Communications Advisors develop and implement communications plans involving a range of activities and projects
- Research, draft and proofread web content, ad copy, news releases, brochures, social media and other communication materials
- Coordinate production of communications materials (e.g., print, posters, leaflets, brochures, guides, newsletters, videos, and advertisements) and liaise with suppliers and other members of the Communications and Engagement department to ensure products meet objectives and specifications, on time and within budget
- Assist with the coordination of external events, including media availabilities and public engagements
- Provide approvals of web pages so they can be published on the City website
- Support the work of colleagues within the broader City Operations communications team
- Completion of a Diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing and English, or a related discipline
- Minimum of two years of experience in a designated corporate communications, public relations, public affairs, public information or related position
- Knowledge of public relations or corporate communications principles and techniques.
- An ability to gather technical information from clients and translate it into accessible communications materials
- A proven ability to deliver quality communication products and advice on time
- General knowledge of advertising, media, social media, design coordination and print production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with communications staff, clients at all levels of an organization, and external groups
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the demonstrated experience creating formal business documentation
- Experience and proficiency with contemporary computer technologies (e.g. ○ Google platform, Microsoft Word, Adobe suite, etc.)
- Ability to work after hours or on-call as needed
- Knowledge of waste programs and services would be an asset
- Applicants may be tested
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 1 temporary full-time position up to 11 months
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Salary: $33.960 – $42.694 (Hourly)
Recruitment Consultant: RF/CM
How to apply: Please apply at: https://recruitment.edmonton.
About the Company or Organization:
Company website: http://www.edmonton.ca
Closing Date: Jun 21, 2018 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Thursday June 21st, 2018