Company or Organization: The King’s University, Edmonton
Position Title: Director, University Relations
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Director of University Relations
Position Summary: The Director of University Relations raises the profile and stewards the external reputation and relationships of The King’s University in Edmonton, as well as throughout Alberta, Western Canada and beyond with key specific audiences, using all available platforms and tools as well as personal contact. The director is oversees the development and delivery of fully integrated institutional stakeholder and community relations, as well as storytelling across all platforms, media, community and public relations, a speakers’ bureau and magazine, as well as marketing strategies in support of the university’s Mission and strategic plan. The position also supervises the work of the Communications Coordinator and the Marketing Coordinator & Brand Manager.
- Develop and implement the university’s comprehensive institutional external relations and communications plan.
- Provide strategic communications advice and support to senior leadership, especially the president’s office.
- Raise the profile and connections of the university by mapping and managing its relationships across a number of external audiences, including municipal, corporate, associations, service clubs, churches and others important to King’s success.
- Raise the profile of the university by seeking story placement in a variety of regional, provincial, national and international media & digital channels.
- Continuous analysis of the post-secondary competitive environment and trends.
- Provide media relations training and support across campus, including support to the president and vice-presidents as required.
- Member of King’s Emergency Preparedness team, responsible for crisis communications.
- Create and manage King’s speakers’ bureau, and create or support multi-stakeholder events.
- Senior editor of the organization’s twice-yearly magazine Connection.
- Oversee the development of marketing and communications strategies and materials in support of student recruitment and fund raising, as well as promotional support for various programs, courses, workshops and events.
- Supervise the Communications Coordinator and the Marketing Coordinator & Brand Manager.
- Participation in various stakeholder relations and communications projects & programs as required as leader of the University Relations team.
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in public relations, external relations or public affairs.
- Strategic thinker and technically competent, highly organized and collaborative.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with demonstrated strength in organizing workflow and priorities to meet business and client needs.
- Experience developing comprehensive strategic communications plans.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and provide sound communications advice at all levels.
- Significant team leadership experience; excellent writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with web advancements, social media and marketing possibilities.
- Accreditation with IABC or CPRS or other professional association is an asset.
- Commitment to and understanding of Christian post-secondary education.
- Self-motivated and highly organized, cool under pressure.
- Ability to relate well to the university community.
- Professing, practicing Christian able to sign King’s Statement of Faith.
How to apply: Please send you resume and covering letter by email to:
Dan VanKeeken, APR
Vice President, Institutional Advancement
About the Company or Organization: A Record of Success: The King’s University in Edmonton has also been a leader in its sector in independent student surveys for some years. The lively, dynamic and nurturing learning environment at King’s is enhanced by the institution’s strong commitment to community service and faculty research. King’s offers fully accredited three and four-year Bachelor degrees in the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Commerce, as well as a two-year Bachelor of Education after-degree. More than 900 students attend from across Canada and
around the world.
Company website: https://www.kingsu.ca
Closing Date: 17 August 2018
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday August 17th, 2018