Company or Organization: Elves Special Needs Society
Position Title: Communications and Policy Coordinator
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Elves Special Needs Society (Elves) is looking for a Communications and Policy Coordinator. This is an administrative position that reports directly to the Executive Director providing support towards communications, fundraising development, and event planning.
- Research and prepare proposal and grant applications.
- Write communication materials such as press releases, brochures, media kits etc.
- Write editorials for publication.
- Maintain Elves Special Needs Society website utilizing WordPress.
- Photograph programs and events as needed.
- Provide enhancement of public awareness of Elves Special Needs Society operations through social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and participation in community events.
- Coordinate promotional and fundraising events.
- Develop and research of new policies and procedures.
- Monitor, interpret and review legislation to ensure Elves’ policies and procedures are still relevant and comply with current requirements.
- Maintain and continuously improve policy and procedures in collaboration with other departments.
- Assist other Departments such as Nursing, School Program, and Respite Program with developing new policies and procedures.
- Interview staff members to ensure content of policies and procedures are current and relevant.
- Edit, write, and research other written documentation as needed.
- Provide administration support during the absence of Executive Assistant.
- Assist the Executive Director and Executive Assistant with tasks such as the following:
- Editing and typing of correspondence letters/e-mails
- Minuting and transcription of monthly Board of Director, AGM and Committee Meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and Experience
- A degree in communications, public relations, journalism, human resources, or a related field.
- At minimum one (1) year of experience in communications or a related field.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work unsupervised.
- Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to conduct research and analyze large amounts of information and documentation.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Robohelp would be considered an asset.
How to apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
About the Company or Organization: Elves Special Needs Society (Elves) is growing and we are looking for team members to join our multidisciplinary team.
Elves operates Educational, Adult Day Program and Respite Programs out of three facilities in Edmonton. We employ over 190 staff including certificated teachers, educational assistants, instructors, occupational and physical therapists, speech and language pathologists, therapy assistants, nurses, socials workers and behavioural consultants . Annually, Elves serves over 350 individuals ages three into late adulthood.
Company website: http://www.elves-society.org/
Closing Date: August 31, 2018
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday August 31st, 2018