Company or Organization: Capital Power
Position Title: Communications Manager
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: One Permanent, Full-Time Position.
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join our Communications team.
The Communications Manager’s principal focus is to develop and deliver corporate communication strategies to support the company’s corporate strategy, long-term plan and priorities. Working alongside and supporting the Director of Corporate Communications and the Corporate Communications team, this role creates and maintains communication materials, as well as sets new and innovative direction for online and internal communications.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Develop and manage an internal communications program to increase employee knowledge, awareness, understanding and engagement about Capital Power’s business, priorities, initiatives, processes and expectations.
- Work with the intranet and website specialist to create and enhance an online program (intranet/website) that supports Capital Power’s business plan and long-term strategy, including writing and overseeing content to support the intranet and internet to ensure our digital content is engaging, up-to-date and accurate.
- Write and produce high quality documents and materials, including but not limited to: articles, brochures, internal newsletter, internal announcements and promotional items.
- Manage the editorial calendar and content for our electronic weekly employee newsletter, and compile and distribute the newsletter weekly.
- Ensure brand standards are consistently applied across all internal and external communications.
- Develop and execute short- and long-term strategic and tactical internal and external communications in support of business objectives and operational priorities and to increase brand profile and equity.
- Direct and oversee the work of service providers as required and provide project management for development of strategic communications.
- Define clear outcomes for communication plans, identify performance measures and follow a regular review and evaluation process to support continuous improvement and to demonstrate business value to senior leadership.
- Recommend (for Director approval) innovations, process and policy improvements for Capital Power’s corporate communications to ensure their ongoing effectiveness, relevance and value to internal and external audiences.
- Research, recommend and lead the implementation of communications best practices, including internal and external tools to assist in two-way conversation, promote feedback and foster employee collaboration and engagement.
- Contribute to crisis communication planning and participate as a member of the crisis communication team.
- Manage and implement corporate brand standards and corporate communications in a way that enhances and protects the company’s reputation.
- Be a liaison with business units and provide subject-matter expertise in communications strategy, guidance, direction, delivery and support.
- Develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with client groups and business units to identify their communication needs, balance them with organizational priorities and available resources, identify appropriate channels and tools, and develop and execute communications plans that achieve desired communication outcomes.
Collaborate closely with:
- Internal teams and stakeholders to support the adoption, growth and sustainment of effective and engaging internal/external communication strategies.
- HR on delivery of confidential content to internal audiences using online/internal tools and support the delivery of leadership communications.
- Other members of the Corporate Communications team to plan and implement internal/external communications plans and deliverables.
- External consultants or other third-parties who may be engaged by the company on communications-related matters to ensure coordination of effort, consistency of messaging, and effective delivery of services.
- Developing a broad network of contacts across the company in order to support and facilitate the team optimizing communications opportunities.
- Post-secondary education (with at least a Bachelor’s Degree reflecting a focus on communications, public relations, marketing or other related field)
- 5-10 years’ experience in progressively more responsible positions related to corporate communications in medium to large size organizations
- Experience working with internal clients to identify their business needs and develop strategic communication plans collaboratively and receives clients buy-in
- Proven ability as a team player who builds consensus and works effectively across different functions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills, including demonstrated experience in writing online and traditional communications that are creative and results-focused, skills in project management, content strategy and writing, understanding target audiences, proofing precision, online marketing, and ability to work well with colleagues and vendors.
- Understanding of how to apply strategic thinking, planning, effective communications methodologies, research and measurement to build an effective internal communications function;
- Demonstrated success delivering communications to diverse internal and external stakeholder groups
- Ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment and regularly solve problems independently
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and defining strategic goals for digital and traditional communications exposure.
- Proven track record of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Familiarity with design principles
- Graphic design experience is an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency working with SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite
- Some evening, early morning and weekend work required
- Minimal travel required
How to apply: TO APPLY ON THIS JOB, PLEASE GO TO www.capitalpowerjobs.com and look for posting IRC6276
About the Company or Organization: Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is a growth-oriented North American power producer headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. The company develops, acquires, operates and optimizes power generation from a variety of energy sources.
Capital Power owns approximately 4,500 megawatts of power generation capacity at 24 facilities and is pursuing contracted generation capacity throughout North America.
Company website: https://www.capitalpower.com/
Closing Date: August 22, 2018
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday August 22nd, 2018