Company or Organization: City of Edmonton
Position Title: Public Engagement Advisor
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Job Number: 33516
A public engagement professional to join a team dedicated to enhancing the ways that Edmontonians engage with their City government.
The City of Edmonton is committed to high-quality and meaningful public engagement with Edmontonians. The Communications and Engagement Department is seeking highly motivated, self-starting public engagement professionals who are passionate about involving people in civic issues and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Using your breadth of knowledge about best practices in public engagement, and drawing on your excellent engagement and communication skills, you will support managers and staff across the organization as they improve public engagement processes. You will assist in designing and delivering public engagement plans for large, city-shaping projects, and work on designing processes, using innovative tools, and building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Senior Advisors in the development of public engagement strategies by researching details and working as part of the project teams
- Create detailed public engagement plans by consulting with clients on their engagement needs and priorities
- Identify strategies, action plans, resources requirements and timelines for public engagement projects
- Liaise with project teams, peers, and community partners to build meaningful connections and relationships
- Plan and administer engagement events and the associated logistics, including documentation, space planning and stakeholder invitations
- Implement strategies to manage stakeholder concerns and mitigation of issues
- Gather, analyze and share information at engagement events, including public and stakeholder feedback and report on participation and satisfaction data
- Research and implement best practices and test new engagement techniques
- Assist in developing new processes, tools and policies to support common engagement activities across the City
- Identify and understand complex issues and how they may impact public engagement activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Community Development, Planning or Social Sciences
- Formal training in public engagement would be an asset
- Minimum 5 years of directly related professional experience demonstrating proficiency in the design and delivery of public engagement processes and strategy, understanding of the theory, best practices and application of public engagement and data analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to address complex issues through excellent planning and project management
- Demonstrated experience in the design and delivery of public engagement processes and activities, including fostering positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience as a facilitator and in planning and delivering meetings and workshops
- Strong event planning training and/or experience, including working with outside consultants and community partners
- Proficiency in using and learning various software programs, including Google Mail, Google Calendar and Google Docs is required
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as the member of a team, and to take initiative and be a self-starter
Applicants may be tested
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 2 temporary position for up to 11 months
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week. This position may require occasional evening and weekend work.
Salary: $40.517 – $50.871 (Hourly)
Company website: http://www.edmonton.ca
Closing Date: August 23, 2018 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Thursday August 23rd, 2018