Company or Organization: Alberta Motor Association
Position Title: Communications Specialist
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
For you, being a great communicator is more than just being an excellent writer (which you are) or knowing your way around the web, social media and print (which you do). It’s understanding that it’s all about connecting with your audiences, whether they’re internal or external — because great storytellers always have an important audience to serve.
What moves you
- You’ve got the heart, vision and drive of an entrepreneur — you don’t wait for the work to come to you, you look for untapped opportunities too.
- You put your clients and customers first. You really do! It’s not just lip service; you do it because it’s so important.
- You work just as well on your own as you do in a team. Collaborating is as natural to you as breathing.
- You’ve got an eagle eye for detail — typos beware!
- You’re not only comfortable with change, you embrace it. And you like to help others through it too.
- You’re the resident MacGyver who always gets things done with the resources on hand.
- You bring a creative flair that nails the brief every time for all your projects.
What you’ll do
- Report to the Manager, Corporate Communications.
- Plan, manage, implement and evaluate integrated communications strategies, involving digital, social and traditional media relations.
- Oversee community management including creating authentic content; engaging and building community membership; leveraging expertise and enhancing brand reputation.
- Scan all media and various social channels to identify and escalate emerging issues and opportunities.
- Research, write and edit stories of relevance and interest to media, our members, and our employees that are aligned with the business priorities for AMA.
- Research story ideas across the organization, writing and editing headlines and copy for AMA’s various content channels.
- Manage communications services for client business units by preparing strategic communications plans.
What you’ve done
- You have at least seven years of experience in a communications role.
- You have experience with digital communications and media relations
- You have a post-secondary degree in communications, but we’ll also consider equivalencies.
- Bonus points if you hold Accreditation from CPRS or IABC
How to apply: Please apply directly through our website listed below.
About the Company or Organization:
Our Roots Run Deep
We began helping Alberta drivers way back in the day — 1926, to be exact. To add some perspective, that’s before the invention of nylon, before women were allowed to compete on Canadian olympic teams, and one year before “Alfalfa” from The Little Rascals was born.
Wow, way to make us feel old. Today, we’ve grown to a multi-service organization with over 950,000 amazing members that includes:
- Travel & Vacation services
- Insurance Services
- Driver Education
- Community Services
- Members-only Rewards & Savings programs
Add to that our affiliation with the Canadian Automobile Association (CAA), and the American Automobile Association (AAA), it’s safe to say that we’re aging pretty well.
Company website: https://ama.ab.ca/
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found