Company or Organization: Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council
Position Title: Communciations Specialist Contract
Position Type: Contract
Position Description and Qualifications: Position summary and reporting structure
This position provides communications support and assistance to the Manager of Communications and Education, the Communications and Education Officer and the AMVIC management team. This is a contract position, expected term is approximately four months. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Communications and Education.
- Perform assigned duties as delegated by the Communications and Education Manager.
- Strong editing skills.
- Develop, write, edit and post content for all stakeholders, including but not limited to the website.
- Prepare internal communication messages as requested.
- Assist in the creation of advertising content and planning.
- Maintain AMVIC social media accounts as designated, in conjunction with other communication team members.
- Develop communication plans in conjunction with the Communications and Education Manager.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, proposals, media and press releases and other documents as requested.
- Generally monitor news for relevant stories.
- Coordinate pre- and post-communication event information and logistics.
- Represent AMVIC at trade shows and external events as required.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all team members.
- Order business cards for staff.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Display a high level of integrity, accountability and confidentiality.
- Ability to manage demanding and stressful situations.
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with various media outlets in a confident manner, as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple and varied duties with minimal direction.
- Ability to learn quickly, including establishing a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, in particular Alberta’s Consumer Protection Act and regulations and the Freedom of Information and Privacy Protection Act.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including being an approachable team member.
- Strong computer skills.
- Critical thinking skills and a proven ability to make sound decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to act independently within established policy guidelines.
- Proficient English language skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software products and Adobe Acrobat.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have working knowledge of WordPress, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Twitter and Facebook.
- Proven ability and knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal government services.
- Knowledge of media processes, preparing briefing materials and developing key messages.
- Strong working knowledge of The Canadian Press Stylebook.
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, Journalism, Media or Public Relations; or with a combination of education and at least five years of related work experience.
- Ability to perform communication related duties with deliberate speed and accuracy independently.
- Some travel and the ability to overnight away from home is required.
How to apply: As this opportunity is a contract position the successful candidate will be paid an hourly rate of pay. The successful candidate will not be eligible to participate in perquisites or group offerings during the temporary contract duration.
Please email your resume with a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this opportunity and why this is the right role for you and include your salary expectations to HR@amvic.org.
For more information about AMVIC please visit our website: amvic.org.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Company or Organization: AMVIC exercises delegated powers and duties to regulate the automotive industry in Alberta. AMVIC works daily to uphold industry standards, educate licensees and protect automotive consumers on behalf of all Albertans. AMVIC provides a range of services to achieve its mandate, including licensing automotive businesses, registering automotive salespeople, educating consumers, and ensuring compliance with the Consumer Protection Act, its related regulations, the Traffic Safety Act and sections of the Criminal Code.
AMVIC currently has an opportunity for a Contract Communications Specialist, this position is located in our Edmonton head office. In addition to the responsibilities, skills and knowledge requirements noted below, we are seeking an individual who works well in a hands-on work environment with a respect for structure and policy.
Company website: http://www.amvic.org
Closing Date: November 16, 2018
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday November 16th, 2018