Company or Organization: Faculty of Extension, University of Alberta
Position Title: Director, Marketing & Strategic Insights
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Position Description
Reporting to the Assistant Dean, Finance and Operations, the Director of Marketing and Strategic Insights has a unique opportunity to impact the image, reach, and direction of the public presence of the Faculty of Extension. This position is instrumental in creating awareness of the faculty’s scholarly activities and in creating an environment, which supports the success of new and existing programming in both the credit and continuing education spheres.
Working as part of the senior management team within the Faculty, the Director is responsible for the strategic direction for all Faculty marketing activities that drive revenues and marketing and continue to build the profiles of the Faculty as a global leader in continuing education. The Director inspires, empowers and manages a team of creative professionals and assumes overall responsibility for the department. The position directly manages the staff and the quality and efficiency of work, ensuring all resourcing is meeting objectives efficiently and effectively.
The Director’s specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and vision in all marketing functions within the Faculty in support of achieving required enrollment and revenue targets and realizing strategic goals across all programs and units
- Determine the appropriate allocation of Faculty’s marketing budget and resources, takes steps to determine marketing ROI, and adapt strategies to ensure the greatest impact to the Faculty’s various program-specific marketing activities and campaigns
- Lead and Direct Faculty brand and image development, market research, analytics, segmentation, market demand for new programming, strategic pricing analysis, and marketing web presence including the faculty’s interactive online course database and e-commerce platforms
- Development and implementation of the faculty digital communication (web, mobile social media) strategy
- Establishing clear measures of success and tests the effectiveness, impact, return on investment and long-term value of all marketing initiatives
- Manages the development of all print-based marketing i.e. course calendars, brochures, including content development and editorial direction, design and production management
- Develops and implements a comprehensive business analytics/market research strategy that drives faculty knowledge and strategic decision making, including competitive research, and statistical analysis of key findings
- Organizing and Leadership of promotion campaigns, special events, trade shows, forums, showcases and media events
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with appropriate legislation e.g. CASL
- Other related duties and projects as assigned by Senior Faculty Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related discipline; An MBA will be considered an asset
- 7-10 years of relevant and progressive experience; A minimum of 3 years of executive experience in a strategic/tactical marketing or organizational advancement position; Experience in Business to Business Marketing (B2B) will be considered an asset
- Demonstrate excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
Possess a strong ability to be visionary and act strategically
- An advanced understanding of market research and the use of analytical techniques to measure marketing impact and performance are essential
- An appreciation and understanding of entrepreneurial models are critical; Experience forming strategic alliances and a thorough understanding of relationship marketing principles
- Experience in implementing marketing strategies using new technologies
- Knowledge of and experience with the post-secondary and continuing education environment in a variety of jurisdictions, strategic enrolment management, and demonstrated understanding of integrated marketing principles in the promotion of higher education are required
- A thorough understanding of the University of Alberta’s brand image, it’s positioning in the international educational marketplace, and its central marketing communications strategies and coordinating processes would be definite assets.
How to apply: Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter that will outline how you will draw on your entrepreneurial spirit, experience, and knowledge as an expert in marketing to contribute to the Faculty of Extension’s mission and vision in support of learnings at all stages of life. Applications received without a cover letter as described will not be considered. The review of applications will commence on December 15, 2018, however, the competition will remain open until filled.
Navigate to the University of Alberta Careers website: https://www.careers.ualberta.
About the Company or Organization: The University of Alberta, Faculty of Extension creates opportunities for individuals interested in advancing their careers and enriching their personal lives. With more than 100 years experience in developing and delivering education programming, the University of Alberta is a top-five Canadian university and world leader in higher education. With over 600 courses sections offered in 40 programs, offered in class and online, instructors are recognized leaders in their field. Helping people grow, both personally and professionally, the Faculty of Extension has an impact on the community it serves and further along the continuum of lifelong learning. For more information on our five-year strategic plan and other exciting initiatives at the Faculty, visit our website at:
Company website: https://www.ualberta.ca/
Closing Date: Will Remain Opened Until Filled