The Town of Morinville is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to fill a temporary full-time position of Corporate Communications Coordinator (term 8 months with the possibility for extension) to coordinate corporate communication strategies and processes.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Coordinator provides communications expertise and ensures the delivery of reliable, accurate and timely information. Key areas of focus include corporate communications; media relations; advertising and promotions; corporate brand management; and coordination of the Town’s corporate website including social media. Development of detailed strategies that consider the needs of Council and each department and provision of high-quality communications advice across the organization are important components of this role.
Key objectives of this position include:
- Develop, manage, and evaluate comprehensive internal and external communication strategies and programs that encompass all stakeholder audiences, key messaging, and organizational priorities.
- Establish communication goals and objectives, target audiences, effective policies and practices, innovative mediums and evaluation methods.
- Coordinate communication tactics such as public announcements, news releases, media relations, web-based communications, and corporate advertising to achieve image and communication objectives.
- Provide communications expertise and consultation to Council and various departments/staff on communications needs, initiatives and special projects.
- Facilitate all aspects of corporate identity, branding and communications product development.
- Identify communication policy and practice gaps; research and collaborate across the organization to develop practical solutions.
- Manage the Corporate Communications department, including supervision of the Corporate Communications Assistant.
- During a state of local emergency, the Corporate Communications Coordinator will be called upon to provide expertise within the role of Information Officer.
- Develop and implement Communication Strategies, as required.
- A degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience in a general corporate communications environment. (Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.)
- Superior writing skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences using a variety of communication methods.
- Working knowledge of graphic design principles and software as well as production and printing practices.
- Experience in drafting, editing and proofreading corporate communications and marketing materials (documents, website content and design, brochures, etc.) for publishing and dissemination.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of: professionalism, results oriented, leadership, organizational understanding, teamwork, flexibility/adaptability, and relationship-building ability.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check prior to commencement of employment
Salary range: Annual salary $68,878—$82,244 (7 step grid). Working hours are based on a 35 hour work week and may include evenings and weekends. We offer workplace development and great opportunities for employees to become involved in the community.
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm, June 07, 2019.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit resume and cover letter quoting “Corporate Communications Coordinator” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
We would like to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday June 7th, 2019