Company or Organization: CPA Alberta
Position Title: Communications Officer
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: The Role
Reporting to the Director of External Relations, the Communications Officer is responsible for providing general support to the external communications priorities of CPA Alberta. The position will be responsible for leading the organization’s sponsorship portfolio, as well as developing content and assisting on various CPA Alberta communications projects, including social media, magazines, speaking notes, presentations, and other initiatives as required.
• Create content for various CPA Alberta communication vehicles, such as:
o Capitalize, CPA Alberta’s student magazine
o Dividends, CPA Alberta’s magazine
o Daily Dividends, CPA Alberta’s news website
o CPA Alberta website
o The Asset, CPA Alberta’s e-newsletter for government officials
o CPA Alberta social media platforms
• Lead the planning and execution of sponsorships, including coordination of outward-facing sponsorships to promote the CPA brand, and identifying and securing external stakeholders to sponsor CPA Alberta’s Elevate week.
• Provide support and assistance in developing other external communications such as speaking notes, presentations, and e-newsletters.
• Create brochures, invitations, and other marketing materials as required.
• Write, proofread, and edit communication materials as required.
• Provide communications support for CPA Alberta projects as directed.
• Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications or Business.
• Three to five years of relevant work experience.
• Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills are essential.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills.
• Excellent organizational, strategic, planning, and implementation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Familiarity with the CPA Profession and the CPA Professional Education Program is an asset.
• Experience in developing communication plans, contributing to digital and print communication initiatives, and crafting targeted messages is desired.
• Experience in coordinating sponsorships (internal or external) is desired.
• Value and Ethics
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Organizational Awareness
• Flexibility and Adaptability
• Results Management
• Analytical Thinking
• Fast paced work environment.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
Location: Edmonton or Calgary Office
How to apply: Qualified interested candidates may apply online by clicking
About the Company or Organization: Organization Overview
CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 29,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs. CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary.
Further information can be found at our website: www.cpaalberta.ca.
Closing Date: 2019-07-24
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday July 24th, 2019