Company or Organization: CPA Alberta
Position Title: Employer Relations Officer
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: The Role
Reporting to the Manager, Employer Relations, the Employer Relations Officer supports the development, execution, and implementation of initiatives that strengthen CPA Alberta’s relationships with Professional Education Program (PEP) candidate employers and their Pre-approved Program Route (PPR) and Experience Verification Route (EVR) candidates on-staff. The Officer serves as an ambassador for CPA Alberta in the business community and as a liaison between the profession and employer, representing CPA Alberta with professionalism and integrity.
• Develop resources, information, and profession updates to employers, so they can better support their candidates in achieving success in the Professional Education Program and in completing their practical experience requirements.
• Serve as a reliable, pro-active information resource to employers of PEP candidates.
• Promote CPA education programs and provide information to qualified individuals in the workforce about PEP and preparatory courses.
• Provide information and expertise to employers interested in becoming PPR employers.
• Plan and execute events for employers; deliver presentations and information sessions to various sized audiences as needed.
• Assist the Employer Relations team in developing and implementing strategies to support Experience Verification Route candidates.
• Research, build, and maintain relationships with new and existing stakeholders and partners, in collaboration with the Employer Relations Manager.
• Develop content for and edit communications materials such as brochures, emails, information guides, social media posts, and event invitations.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
• Three to five years of directly related experience.
• Familiarity with the CPA Profession and the CPA Professional Education Program.
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and relationship management skills.
• Excellent organizational, strategic, planning, and implementation skills.
• Experience in event planning and execution.
• Knowledge of database tools.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Value and Ethics
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Organizational Awareness
• Flexibility and Adaptability
• Results Management
• Analytical Thinking
• Fast paced work environment.
• Some travel may be required.
• Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
Location: Edmonton Office
How to apply: Qualified interested candidates may apply online by clicking
About the Company or Organization: Organization Overview
CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 29,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs. CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary.
Further information can be found at our website: www.cpaalberta.ca.
Closing Date: 2019-07-24
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday July 24th, 2019