Company or Organization: Alberta Blue Cross
Position Title: Communications Officer, Corporate Communications
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Are you a communications professional with experience in the development and implementation of results-driven communications strategies? Do you enjoy researching new and exciting ways to communicate key messages to select audiences? If so, the Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications team has an exciting opportunity for you.
Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic, team-oriented, hard-working communications professional to join our busy Corporate Communications department in the position of communications officer. The Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications department develops and delivers timely, effective and cost-efficient internal and external communications to support our organization’s three business units (government, group and individual products), key stakeholders, our employees and various corporate initiatives including sponsorship and community engagement activities. Team members are quality-minded, responsive and dedicated to providing timely service. They hold themselves accountable for high levels of performance. The Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications department is committed to communications best practices and has earned numerous awards for its quality work
The communications officer leads and assists with the planning and execution of a wide variety of communications initiatives for both internal and external audiences. These include print materials, digital marketing, advertising campaigns, presentations and special events. He or she will support and promote social media engagement for Alberta Blue Cross and proactively look for opportunities to improve our digital presence. The communications officer is required to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities, carrying several projects at once—both independently and under the supervision of others—and may occasionally be required to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
Skills and knowledge:
- University degree in communications or a degree plus a diploma in public relations.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven organizational, project management, time management and multitasking abilities.
- Strong writing and presentation abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High detail orientation.
- High level of resourcefulness and creativity.
- High level of professionalism and service orientation.
- Proficiency in software including Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of social media tools, trends and capabilities.
- Display an understanding of online marketing, blogs and social media analytics.
- Understanding of graphic and digital media (along with related technologies) is an asset.
- Understanding of current events, government and the health-care industry are definite assets.
- Professional membership in CPRS or IABC is preferred.
- High level of proficiency with the English language (both written and spoken).
How to apply: If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume, a minimum of three work samples and/or links to websites or online portfolio and salary expectations to us. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. For more information and to apply, please visit our website at ab.bluecross.ca/careers.
About the Company or Organization: Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging, team-oriented environment.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Sunday August 18th, 2019