Company or Organization: The City of Edmonton
Position Title: Account Director
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Account Director
Job Number : 36902
People are at the heart of building a great city. This is your opportunity to lead change from within and be an integral part of the excitement and change occurring throughout the City.
The Communications and Engagement Department serves business partners across the Corporation, delivering high quality communications, marketing, external & intergovernmental relations and engagement counsel.
The Account Director is a key leader within the Communications and Engagement Department. The role has a strong and strategic focus on building trusted and productive relationships within their assigned portfolio. The Account Director is a subject matter expert on the affairs, operations and strategic goals of their business partner department and develops a deep understanding of the needs and priorities of their portfolio. The role is supported by teams of experts across the Communications and Engagement Department that successfully deliver professional, quality advice and services to address the needs and priorities of their business clients.
Reporting to the Account Director are Integration Manager’s who assemble teams of communications professionals comprising of Senior Communications Advisors, Communications Advisors, and Communications Coordinators as well as Market Planners and Senior Market Planners. The role also collaborates with Director peers across the department and with them shares accountability for the quality of work of dozens of colleagues in the delivery of comprehensive and integrated communications, marketing, external relations and engagement solutions.
- Reporting to the Branch Manager, Integrated Marketing Communications, the Account Director will be accountable for:
- In alignment with corporate, Department, and Business Partner Department strategies, actively leading the development and evolution of annual plans and strategies for Business Partner Departments, as well as the Communications and Engagement Department, and translate this direction into the professional, integrated and quality delivery of engagement, communications, marketing and / or external relations services
- Leadership of their Integration Managers and oversight to ensure performance coaching, management and development, work assignment oversight, balance and management of team members’ workloads and related personnel management responsibilities
- Delivery of communications, marketing, engagement and/or external & intergovernmental relations solutions and strategies that provide positive outcomes for the business partner
- Responsibility or accountability for each of the seven elements of the Communications and Engagement Department Service Delivery Model which includes: new project initiation; integrated account planning, account oversight and control, quality assurance, relationship management, resourcing and utilization management and project closeout
- Professional service delivery that offers value and meets or exceeds business partner expectations
- Demonstration of a comprehensive and strategic understanding of the needs and priorities of their business partners
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism, Art/Design or a related discipline
- A Master’s Degree in a related field is considered an asset
- Accreditation/Certification in a professional service discipline such as the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS), International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC) is considered an asset
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant communications, marketing, engagement or external relations experience including seven (7)+ years of experience in a management or leadership role within a large and complex organization
- Experience working within a communications or creative services firm serving external clients is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to model the Cultural Commitments (Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated, Excellent) and work within an integrated business model
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
These are two permanent, full-time positions.
Hours of Work: 36.9 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Salary: $116,046 – $145,060 (Annually)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: JM/MZ
Classification Title : PT4-Comm, Mark, Publ Relations
Posting Date : Aug 1, 2019
Closing Date : Aug 22, 2019 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to) : 2 – Permanent Full-time
Union : Management
Department : Marketing
Work Location(s) : 11th Floor Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue Edmonton T5J 0J4
About the Company or Organization: What if you could work in an environment where your new and original ideas would be brought to life? How would you feel if you could step into work every day and KNOW you’re making a difference in your City? What about having an inspiring leadership team that empowers you to master your craft so that we can build a great City together? Let’s make that dream come true! Follow our page to get started on a journey to do your life’s best work at the City of Edmonton!
Closing Date: August 22, 2019
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Thursday August 22nd, 2019