Company or Organization: The City of Edmonton
Position Title: Integration Managers
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Integration Managers
Job Number : 37042
Are you an “I wish you were my manager” kind of leader?
Can you “make it real” as you magnificently transform strategy into action?
Do your spot-on, well-integrated and always-timely results dazzle your clients?
If you are highly-engaged, ready for a challenge and chomping at the bit to impact your workplace and this great city, then be brave and consider this amazing opportunity!
The vision for the Communications and Engagement Department is a city built with trust and confidence of citizens, communities, partners, staff and stakeholders.
To enable and enrich productive and meaningful connections that result in concrete outcomes.
Working as an agent of Council, the Executive Leadership Team and the Branch Manager and reporting to an Account Director, the Integration Manager performs a dual-faceted role. Firstly, as a member of the Leadership Team, and operating within a collective leadership accountability, you will create the conditions for success of the strategy, priorities and direction of the unit. Secondly, you will be accountable for planning, organizing, leading and controlling the work of the unit in alignment with the overall Branch and Department direction.
As a respectful and inclusive service-minded leader you will embody the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent as you:
- Actively contribute to the execution of annual and ongoing section plans and translate this direction into section-level plans
- Operate as a bridge between strategy and implementation; translate strategy into operational plans and allocation of resources
- Create and implement action plans; develop analyses and propose solutions to issues/opportunities
- Provide leadership, supervision and direction to teams who provide communications and marketing services
- Ensure that the activities of employees are integrated, monitored, measured and evaluated
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and training of staff to promote growth and development
- Foster a culture of learning, innovation and creativity that supports the growth of staff and their health and wellness, safety and performance development
- Lead, establish and exemplify our desired culture; produce results in the context of respect and inclusion
- Assure the quality of service and products by keenly understanding the needs and priorities of your business partner’s Department, and evaluating the service/products delivered and performance of the delivery team
- Assure the effectiveness and performance of the Section through comprehensive, accurate and transparent reporting and performance management
- Support Directors through the identification and escalation of issues, opportunities and solutions
- Operationalize and oversee the Branch’s and Section’s key channel strategy
- Enable cross-Department project and delivery teams in providing innovative and creative solutions
- Champion a “one voice” approach to communications and engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, social sciences or a related discipline
- Certification or coursework/training in strategic planning, financial management, public administration, project management, performance measures and analytics, change management, or other leadership training is an asset
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in a marketing or communications leadership role within a large, complex organization
- Demonstrated experience and success in leading and managing change, building organizational talent and empowering resources to achieve outcomes
- Experience and success in managing teams accountable for large, politically sensitive and complex projects and processes, in a fully integrated system
- Experience working with Unions, managing and resolving labour relations issues
- Knowledge of communications planning and practices within a large-scale, multifaceted environment
- Active and respected within the Edmonton communications marketing and research communities
- Strong client service orientation and a commitment to provide services that deliver value and meet expected outcomes
- Ability to enhance the reputation and brand of the Unit, Section, Branch, Department and City
- Build organizational talent and plan for succession (coach, teach and attract new talent into the organization)
- Foster great team work, develop effective teams
- Human Resources including recruitment, coaching, performance development and management and conflict resolution
Management and Out-of-Scope positions at the City of Edmonton are being reviewed for possible inclusion in the Civic Service Union 52 bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 5 permanent, full-time positions
Hours of Work: 36.90 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Salary: $84,597 – $120,852 (Annually)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: RF/KC
Classification Title : Manager
Posting Date : Aug 1, 2019
Closing Date : Aug 22, 2019 11:59:00 (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to) : 5 – Permanent Full-time
Union : Management
Department : Marketing
Work Location(s) : 11th Floor Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue Edmonton T5J 0J4
About the Company or Organization: What if you could work in an environment where your new and original ideas would be brought to life? How would you feel if you could step into work every day and KNOW you’re making a difference in your City? What about having an inspiring leadership team that empowers you to master your craft so that we can build a great City together? Let’s make that dream come true! Follow our page to get started on a journey to do your life’s best work at the City of Edmonton!
Closing Date: August 22, 2019
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Thursday August 22nd, 2019