Company or Organization: CPA Alberta
Position Title: Student Recruitment Officer (Permanent Full-Time)
Position Description and Qualifications:Reporting to the Manager, Student Recruitment, the Student Recruitment Officer is a member of CPA Alberta’s Student Recruitment team, which focuses on raising awareness of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) profession and the benefits of becoming a CPA with stakeholders, particularly post-secondary and high school students. The Student recruitment Officer develops relationships and liaises with students, educators, and counsellors/advisors, in order to keep them apprised of the path to and benefits of a career as a CPA.
The Student recruitment Officer will be responsible for energetically communicating with potential CPAs (during presentations, events, and information sessions), distributing promotional material, and promoting CPA programs and services through various communication mediums, presentations and information sessions, one-on-one meetings, and other public-facing events. They also assist with determining goals, targets, messaging, and activities that will help CPA Alberta raise awareness of the CPA designation and recruit students into the CPA profession.
• Foster and maintain a network of key contacts in the post-secondary and high school stakeholder group, including but not limited to students and faculties.
• Deliver information sessions and presentations to various sized audiences; represent CPA Alberta with professionalism at public events.
• Explore new initiatives and avenues for promoting the CPA designation.
• Provide excellent customer service and advising to prospective candidates.
• Plan and execute projects and events.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge of CPA programs and CPAWSB’s policies and processes.
• Support other recruitment projects as required.
• A degree or diploma in a relevant subject, or at least four years’ experience working in a similar role (relevant subject areas include, but are not limited to: Business, Accounting, Marketing, or Communications).
• A minimum of two years of relevant experience (such as recruitment, marketing and communications, or business development) is required.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Value and Ethics
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Organizational Awareness
• Flexibility and Adaptability
• Results Management
• Analytical Thinking
• Some short travel, possibly including overnight, required.
• Some evening and weekend work required.
• Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
How to apply: Qualified interested candidates may apply online.
About the Company or Organization: CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 29,500 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs. CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary.
Company website: www.cpaalberta.ca
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Saturday August 31st, 2019