Company or Organization: Alberta Motor Association
Position Title: Communications Specialist
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: You never met a problem you couldn’t solve.
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton Kingsway
Do you actually love not knowing something because it gives you the chance to dive in and figure it out? Do you thrive on figuring out how to get the right message to the right audience at the right time? If you answered yes to any of the above, read on.
For you, being a great communicator is more than just being an excellent writer (which you are) or knowing your way around the web, social media and print (which you do), you understand that it’s also about connecting with your audiences, whether they’re internal or external. Because great storytellers always have an audience to serve. You truly believe that good communications help employees feel empowered, customers feel valued, and businesses succeed. You work well with internal clients and can easily get to the heart of the business need and the strategic opportunity. You are not afraid to propose new solutions or innovative approaches, and you are always proud to exceed expectations. You believe that insurance doesn’t need to be complicated and you’re willing to make it your mission to prove that.
What moves you
- You’re part storyteller, part translator. You can turn complex insurance concepts into articles and information that members, policyholders and employees can use.
- You’re passionate about insurance and making sure people have the information they need to protect the things that matter most to them. OK, if not yet passionate about insurance, you will be – because our passion is contagious.
- You’ve got the heart, vision and drive of an entrepreneur. You don’t wait for the work to come to you, you look for untapped opportunities too.
- You put your clients and customers first. You really do! You don’t just say it, you do it because it’s so important.
- You work just as well on your own as you do in a team. Collaborating is as natural to you as breathing.
- You’ve got an eagle eye for detail – typos beware!
- Not only are you comfortable with change, you embrace it. And you like to help others through it too.
- Resourceful? You’re the resident MacGyver who always gets things done with the resources on hand.
- You bring a creative flair that nails the brief every time for all your projects.
What you’ll do
- Report to the Manager, Communications, Insurance.
- Focus on helping the business unit simplify the insurance experience.
- Develop, implement, maintain and measure communications plans.
- Consider ways to improve internal and external communication processes.
- Represent Insurance on communications-related projects and issues.
- Work closely with peers within Business Unit and Corporate Communications and ensure communication initiatives are aligned.
- Ensure that other business units are kept informed of new initiatives, products and services.
- Help ensure a consistent member and employee experience online and offline through integration between communications channels.
- Support the business by helping ensure correspondence reflects our practically family brand voice.
- Consult with subject matter experts and stakeholders to develop communication plans, content and stories for internal and external audiences.
What you’ve done
- You have at least five (5) years of experience in a communications role.
- You have a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in communications or public relations.
- You are an excellent writer and editor.
- You have experience simplifying complex ideas and technical language into content customers understand.
- You have experience writing effective external and internal communications plans that achieve measurable results.
- Project experience would be an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply: Please visit our Career site to apply: https://careers.ama.ab.ca/
About the Company or Organization: We believe that our members are practically family – and like real families, we’re in this together. That means if you’re in a jam, need advice, need us to lend you an ear (or a shoulder to cry on), we’ll do our best to steer you in the right direction.
Closing Date: October 25, 2019
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday October 25th, 2019