Company or Organization: Inside Education
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Position Type: Full time – temporary
Position Description and Qualifications: We are currently seeking a talented, creative and fun Communications Coordinator for a one year, parental-leave replacement.
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and provides a comprehensive range of communication and marketing support for the organization.
● Communications Delivery
Develop and deliver timely, effective and cost-effective internal and external
communications to support our organization’s mandate and program goals
● Marketing and Promotions
Develop and write the electronic teacher newsletter. Developing and maintaining relationships with school boards, science, and social studies education community.
Defining meaningful metrics, tracking the success of promotional efforts (eg. Google Analytics, formal/informal audience surveys)
● Website and Social Media
Update content on the website (WordPress CMS) and managing sites externally linking to ours. Developing content for social media accounts (eg. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
● Managing digital assets inventory (photos, impact stories, logos, artwork)
Liaising with contractors (as necessary and where prudent) in producing visually appealing reports, promotional pieces, etc.
● Partner/Donor Relations
Write and produce stakeholder reports. Coordinate the production of partner
● Media Relations
Develop key messages for media releases. Coordinate issues management/crisis communications. Monitoring Google Alerts and maintaining archives of media coverage.
● Visual Communications
Work with the Program Director, and in cooperation with an in-house Digital Media Specialist, coordinate the production of promotional materials and classroom resources.
Post-secondary education in communications, public relations or a related field, supplemented by a minimum of two years progressively responsible experience in a communication, public relations, or public information position.
● Demonstrated experience writing for internal and external communications and a variety of communications tools and techniques
● Demonstrated creativity through a variety of communications platforms (through post-secondary and/or professional career experiences).
● Demonstrated superior writing and editing skills
● Demonstrated experience using WordPress for website management
● Demonstrated experience in creating creative social media campaigns and marketing promotions
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
● Knowledge of a variety of software applications (Google platform, Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign)
● Engaging, outgoing personality with an ability to communicate using today’s technology and good, old fashioned, ‘face-to-face’ engagement
● Experience working in the non-profit sector will be a strong asset
How to apply:
This is a temporary, full-time,1-year parental leave position, commencing December 2, 2019, and operating from our Edmonton office.
Salary for this position will be $52,500 with an allotment of three-weeks vacation. Inside Education offers a competitive benefits package and an employer-matched Group RSP program.
Interested applicants should apply using the following link. Cover letter, resume, online portfolio and/or work samples should be uploaded to this link.
About the Company or Organization: Inside Education is Alberta’s largest environmental and natural resources education charity. Working from offices in Edmonton and Calgary, our mandate is to support K-12 school teachers across Alberta and inspire their students when it comes to working towards a balanced, sustainable future for our economy, environment, and society. Inside Education was founded in 1985, and in the 34 years of our existence we have delivered award-winning educational programs to students and teachers from across Alberta, across Canada and internationally. Working with partners in government, industry, academia, the environmental community, and Indigenous communities, our programs engage students in solution-focused approaches to environmental themes and issues.
Closing Date: Thursday, October 31, 2019
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Thursday October 31st, 2019