Company or Organization: Edmonton Humane Society
Position Title: Coordinator, Communications and Marketing – Operations Support
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: The Coordinator, Communications and Marketing, Operations Support, works with all departments to meet communications and marketing needs on a day to day basis and ensure all plans and activities align with the overall communications and marketing objectives of the organization. This position is responsible for the development of communications and marketing plans and coordination and implementation of a results driven communications strategy through the delivery of timely, efficient and the cost effective internal and external support to all departments.
The Coordinator must be responsive and dedicated to providing timely service and link efforts to communications best practices. Project management, time management and initiative are necessary skills as are outstanding written and oral/presentation skills in a computerized environment. Detail oriented and committed to building and fostering relationships with a customer service focus, the Coordinator will have a working knowledge of social media tools and trends, an understanding of graphic and digital media and the desire to continue to develop their career as a communications generalist.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide strategic communications and marketing support on an ongoing and as required basis to all EHS departments.
- Review content, coordinate and/or develop the following tools; external and internal newsletters, print materials such as information sheets and brochures, and website content.
- Produce materials in support of the Adoption Gallery/Adoption Process.
- Participate in the delivery of social media.
- Provide campaign and events support for Fund Development.
- Research and investigate new approaches for communicating to organizational audiences.
- Participate in cross-functional department meetings to understand the work we do and support all areas in an informed and intentional way.
- Liaise with the Coordinator, Communications and Marketing, Logistics Support for assistance with all tools and tactics, and the Manager, Communications & Marketing to ensure departmental and organizational objectives are aligned.
- Develop opportunities for Volunteer involvement and leadership in communications and marketing activities.
- A diploma or degree in a communications field (communications, advertising, public relations)
- 2 years’ experience delivering communications services to a diverse range of internal and external audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to create visually appealing and informative materials and resources.
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, ability to take initiative, problem solving, and time management skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to apply: Please apply with cover letter and resume, including your salary expectation to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 29, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates may be invited to interviews prior to competition close date.
The Edmonton Humane Society appreciates and considers all resumes received but will only be contacting those applicants who have been selected for an interview.
About the Company or Organization: The Edmonton Humane Society has been an animal welfare leader in the Edmonton community since 1907. We are more than a shelter and a safe haven for the thousands of animals in our care each year. We play a key role in the Edmonton region by enriching the lives of people and their companion animals not only through our sheltering, but through our programs, services and community engagement.
Closing Date: November 29, 2019
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday November 29th, 2019