Company or Organization: Athabasca University
Position Title: Manager, Communications, Office of the President
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: The Manager, Communications will be responsible for providing both internal and external communication services to support the Office of the President.
The Manager, Communications will manage the communications on a variety of projects and initiatives such as; updating the AU website, media relations, online and print publications, conducting interviews (via phone or video), speech writing, copy writing, copy editing, and other writing as it pertains to the Office of the President.
The Manager, Communications will help to develop content, plan for upcoming writing needs, coordinate writing and/or video assignments internally and externally, implement writing/video projects, and evaluate the effectiveness of activities in support of the Office of the President’s priorities.
The Manager, Communications, in collaboration with the Chief Human Resources Officer, develop content, communication and implementation plan for labour relations communications for all external and internal stakeholders.
The Manager, Communications is expected to actively liaise with all departments, team members within the university to promote the sharing of information, collaboration, and inclusivity and to ensure that the dissemination of information is consistent with branding and strategic initiatives of the Office of the President and Athabasca University.
Education and Experience
- A four year undergraduate degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field and five years related experience
- OR a two year post-secondary diploma in a related field and eight years related experience in similar high-profile capacity may be considered
- Must have excellent content writing, proof-reading and editing skills as well as good oral communications and interpersonal skills
Required Skills and Abilities
- Project Management – Project management and time management skills are vital, as are strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse individuals
- Decision Making – Ability to understand and interpret trends, addressing issues and challenges with clarity and confidence. Balanced by a creative and curious mindset, willing to take on and encourage smart risks
- Professionalism – High ethical standards and an honest, open, and consistent approach to working with internal and external stakeholders. Requires a solid understanding of privacy, confidentiality, and other legislative realities impacting modern communications
- Adaptability – Ability to interpret and adapt to new and changing situations and to change direction or modify approaches as required
- Service Orientation – A personal dedication to a service oriented, value-added culture of excellence. Computer Skills – Intermediate proficiency with information and communication technology systems. Comfort with common communication applications
- Digital Media Skills – Knowledge of audio and video production and editing an asset
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH: careers.athabascau.ca
For further information regarding this position, contact Carole Stevenson-Roy via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational credentials will be verified upon hire. All educational credentials must be recognized in Canada.
Please note that only applications received through our online recruitment system will be accepted. You must include your resume and letter of application when applying, along with the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, and Landed Immigrants will be given priority.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
How to apply: APPLY ONLINE: https://athabascau.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?ID=1760
Company website: http://careers.athabascau.ca
Closing Date: November 28, 2019
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Thursday November 28th, 2019