Company or Organization: Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation
Position Title: Digital Communications and Marketing Advisor
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Helping to give kids the best chance to live a long and healthy life – that’s what we do at the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation. Is that what you want to do, too?
Strategy meets creativity when you’re part of our marketing & communications team.
You’re a quick thinker and even quicker on your feet as you skillfully manage competing priorities. You’re a true collaborator who’s skilled at working across teams to support diverse fundraising needs. You’re a talented digital writer who can keep it tight, light and bright as you share impact with our donors. And at the heart of it all, you’re a genuine digital storyteller who’s passionate about stories that educate, inspire and motivate.
From writing compelling content and managing our social media accounts and web presence, to developing and executing targeted digital marketing for special events and fundraising campaigns, you’re a strategist who knows how to reach the right audiences, at the right time, in the right way.
Everything we do is for Stollery kids and their families. And as a member of our award-winning creative team, you’ll work with solution-focused team members who encourage ideas, take initiative, embrace change and celebrate successes. If you want to share samples of your work along with your application, we’d love to see them.
Reporting to the vice-president, marketing & communications, you will:
Digital content creation and online marketing
- Project manage the M&C components of a comprehensive, Foundation-wide digital strategy, including conducting a digital marketing audit and leading to full-scale implementation
- Recommend, plan and implement digital marketing strategies to support annual business plan goals including fundraising campaigns
- Apply industry best practices to create, update and maintain timely, accurate and compelling digital and social media content to reach key audiences, increase brand awareness, influence behaviour and drive fundraising
- Create, maintain and share with Foundation teams an annual social media publishing schedule to manage relevant content, plan specific and timely marketing campaigns, and leverage the right tools for the target audience
- Create digital assets such as video and interactive media to integrate storytelling into a variety of online formats
- Clearly integrate Foundation marketing and communications materials in web design and navigation, and across all other digital platforms
- Work directly with third-party vendors such as web systems support and digital marketing firms to maximize digital functionality
- Research, write and copyedit timely, engaging, targeted marketing and communications materials as needed, such as stories, e-blasts, ads, media kits and advisories, events collateral and social media assets
- Consult with Foundation teams to determine digital communications requirements on issues and provide strategic messaging and issues management support as needed; take appropriate measures for timely identification, tracking, reporting and mitigation of potential issues
- Research, track and report on all online analytics to support digital marketing strategies
- Manage and/or co-ordinate projects from concept to completion for teams needing marketing and communications support, providing needs-based service within tight deadlines for internal clients, and working effectively as a technical liaison with external digital partners
- Develop and share communications plans and/or tactics sheets to identify project expectations, requirements and track measurable objectives
- Co-ordinate production of digital assets with M&C colleagues, and internal and external vendors as needed
- Track and measure project management progress utilizing effective marketing tools and database management systems
- Collaborate with Foundation teams to explore new donor awareness and fundraising opportunities, and to communicate impact of donor contributions on children’s health
As our ideal candidate, you’re someone who is:
- An educated communicator with a diploma or degree in public relations, communications, digital media or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of communications best practices and has a minimum of five years of related experience.
- An innovative digital storyteller with advanced skills in online marketing and social media management tools, such as Sprout Social, SEO software, Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Experienced in building websites with WordPress, HTML and CSS, and has an advanced understanding of web design and web production processes.
- Experienced in using Blackbaud NetCommunity, TeamRaiser or similar marketing tools, and Raiser’s Edge or similar database management systems.
- Highly skilled at project management.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment, carrying multiple projects at once.
- Curious, self-motivated, accountable, flexible, tactful, positive – and fun!
- Able to work outside regular hours to support Foundation events.
- An active member of CPRS or IABC.
How to apply: If this position describes you and you’re motivated to make a difference in the lives of children, we invite you to submit your cover letter, résumé and two web writing samples. Interviews ongoing – this position will remain open until we find a qualified candidate who’s a great culture fit.
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Enter “Digital Advisor” in the subject line
About the Company or Organization: The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation advances children’s health care right in your own backyard by funding specialized care at the Stollery Children’s Hospital and in communities across northern Alberta: state-of-the-art equipment and facilities; sub-specialty education to train the brightest medical minds; leading-edge research to discover new treatments and cures; and specialized programs that improve family-centred care, child and youth addiction and mental health services, and patient and family outcomes. Together, we can give kids the best chance to live a long and healthy life.
Closing Date: Interviews ongoing – this position will remain open until we find a qualified candidate who’s a great culture fit.
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday April 24th, 2020