Company or Organization: NAIT
Position Title: Communications Specialist (Digital)
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: An exciting opportunity exists at NAIT for a motivated social media expert with the ability to manage competing priorities in a busy work environment. This critical, full-time position requires an individual who is both strategic and creative, who can provide advice during an emergency and who can turn words and visual content into meaningful interactions to support engagement with prospective students, students and industry partners. The successful candidate thrives in a collaborative environment and will bring valuable contributions to cross-functional teams, including marketers, communicators, designers, and digital experts. The individual’s extensive knowledge and experience of paid and unpaid social media and digital campaigns will contribute to a marketing return on investment. More than a practitioner of social media; they are strategic in how they plan, analyze data, measure and report on metrics that will lead to success. Solid content marketing experience has given them insight into what does and doesn’t work when supporting revenue-generating initiatives. They are versatile in their writing and storytelling skills and creative in how they use photography and video to optimize their content.
- Establish strategic direction for social media within the context of a new content marketing strategy.
- Participate on cross-functional teams, including marketers and communicators, to ensure all social media efforts are tied to strategic initiatives and align with NAIT’s strategic direction and brand
- Nurture and enable ambassadors through the use of playbooks, coaching, training and bootcamps
- Renew user-generated strategy, including the development of student social ambassadors in support of our programmatic pillars and an influencer program that aligns with marketing strategies
- Oversee daily management of NAIT social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat, including photos & video, with regular reporting of performance and engagement
- Guide and support departments and programs to help them meet their social media needs in alignment with business goals and objectives and in coordination with marketing initiatives
- Key member of NAIT’s emergency response communications team
- Contribute creative content to NAIT’s digital platforms
- Keep pace with existing and emerging social media technologies, techniques and tools
- Use engagement data & social listening to suggest content and share insights with other content creators
- Oversee brand reputation management on social & search engine platforms such as Google & Wikipedia.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid hands-on knowledge of content marketing and in-bound marketing strategies
- Social media and digital best practices and techniques to optimize content on social channels
- Experience producing visual content for social platforms. E.g., Video, photography
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading and oral communication skills
- Emergency and issues management
- Critical thinking and strong editorial judgment for agile decision-making
- 4-5 years of social media community management, demonstrating past successes in social networking channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Content Marketing experience
- Knowledge of CP Style an asset
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism, English or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Membership in IABC or CPRS an asset
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Total compensation will include a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter.
Thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://work.alberta.ca/immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.html
How to apply: Please follow the link to our Careers Page and apply directly to the competition: https://nait.startdate.ca/#/
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: May 2, 2020
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Saturday May 2nd, 2020