On Friday, May 29, 2020, at noon, CPRS Edmonton will be holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM). The meeting will take place at noon online via Zoom. Members are requested to attend to vote on the following matters:
- To approve the financial statements for 2019 as presented in the 2020 annual report
- To elect the board of directors for the 2020-2021 year
Please register via Eventbrite if you are planning to attend. An electronic voting card will be emailed to members to fill out if they cannot attend.
Following the AGM, Daniel Tisch will present on the impact of COVID-19 on relationships.
Agenda, Minutes of the 2019 AGM and Financial Statements
Nominating Committee Report
The Nominating Committee of CPRS Edmonton presents the following slate of officers for the June 2020 to June 2021 board of our society.
- President: Lyn Brown (LinkedIn)
- President-elect and Programming: Crystal Wood (LinkedIn)
- Secretary: Michelle Mondeville (LinkedIn)
- Membership: Melanie Houley (LinkedIn)
- Treasurer: Narith Hang (LinkedIn)
- Communications: Peter Haight (LinkedIn)
- Director-at-large: Gwendoline Hunka (LinkedIn)
If you would like to participate on the board, please email Lyn Brown, President at firstname.lastname@example.org. Article 6, which outlines the process for electing a new board of directors, follows below after “Questions?”.
Electronic Voting Card
An electronic voting card for the Annual General Meeting will be distributed with the annual report, financial statements and the agenda in May. For your convenience, you will be able to indicate how you would like to vote on each matter using the same form.
If you require more information about the Annual General Meeting, please email Lyn Brown at email@example.com.
Article 6 of the CPRS Edmonton Bylaws
ELECTION OF DIRECTORS
6. Ideally no member shall be eligible to hold office on the Board unless he or she has been a member in good standing at least 12 months, and continues to remain a member in good standing throughout his or her term. This eligibility includes membership of other Member Societies of the National Society in the instance of a member moving from one city to another. A vote for the election of Directors will only be held if there are more candidates than vacant positions.
6.1 No member shall be eligible for the presidency unless he or she has held a previous term as a Director, unless this requirement is waived by a unanimous vote of the Board.
6.1.1 A member holding the President or President-Elect position whose term is about to expire may be appointed by the Board rather than standing for election.
6.2 Nominations for elective members of the Board shall be made by a Nominating Committee appointed by the Board, composed of no less than the President and Past-President and/or the President-Elect. All representatives of the Nominating Committee must be Voting Members in good standing of the Edmonton Society.
6.2.1 The nominating committee shall nominate at least the number of candidates required to fill the vacancies, which exist on the Board of Directors at the end of the program year. NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPORT 6.3 The report of the nominating committee shall be delivered to the Secretary at least one month prior to the Annual General Meeting.
6.3.1 The Secretary shall send a copy thereof to each member in good standing together with the notice calling the meeting and a copy of Article VI of these Bylaws, not later than 30 days prior to the Annual General Meeting; voting cards, however, will be distributed to each Voting Member in good standing, as per article 6.5, at the beginning of the Annual General Meeting. OTHER NOMINATIONS
6.4 Nominations for the Board of Directors also may be made up to two weeks before the Edmonton Society’s Annual General Meeting. Members in good standing may nominate themselves.
6.4.1 Such nominations shall be made in writing, signed by the nominator and nominee, and submitted to the Secretary no later than two weeks prior to the Annual General Meeting.