Company or Organization: Canadian Mental Health Association – Edmonton
Position Title: Communications and Development Coordinator
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
Reporting to the Senior Director, Fund Development, the Communications and Development Coordinator is an integral part of CMHA-Edmonton’s fund development and communications team. This position crafts and delivers our message to the community, promoting the agency and mental health as a cause.
This role is an opportunity for the successful candidate to bring creativity to the role, reimagining our communications and marketing, contributing to securing funds for the organization, and promoting the cause of mental health in our community. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can juggle multiple priorities and deadlines, work well with internal and external stakeholders, and create compelling messages and content that promote mental health for all.
CMHA-Edmonton recognizes that candidates all have different skills and experiences to offer. While we are highlighting desired qualifications in the following sections, it is not a checklist. We encourage everyone interested to apply and indicate how you would successfully take on the role even if you have unconventional experiences or qualifications.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a communications role, ideally with demonstrated success in:
- Social media and website promotion.
- Media engagement and public awareness.
- Creating content for different platforms and audiences.
- Writing and otherwise supporting grant applications and other fund development activities.
- Membership in a professional association such as IABC or CPRS is an asset.
- Basic design skills, including familiarity with programs like Canva. Advanced graphic design skills and audiovisual production skills are an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Acceptable Police Information Check.
- Self-starter who can bring creativity and innovation to the role.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills including an ability to convey technical information and data in accessible language and formats, including data storytelling.
- Able to manage difficult situations with well-developed conflict resolution skills. Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work independently and operate effectively in a complex multi-program environment.
- Understanding of effective communications and ability to deliver compelling messages to different audiences in different mediums.
- Ability to think critically about audiences, and to identify and tailor messaging and content for different ones.
- Ability to engage people with lived experience to translate their perspectives into meaningful user-centered content.
- Superior organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to produce visually engaging content in different mediums.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office.
How to apply: Apply, with cover letter and resume, to:
CMHA values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Metis, New Canadian, racialized, differently abled and LGBTTQIA+ communities.
We thank everyone for their interest and will only reply to those individuals who will be contacted for an interview.
About the Company or Organization: CMHA-Edmonton is a non-profit organization that envisions mentally healthy people in caring communities. We increase awareness and understanding of mental health, mental illness, recovery, and suicide prevention through education. We support the resilience and recovery of people in distress including those affected by mental illness or suicide by providing crisis intervention; safe, long term and affordable housing; recovery college; suicide grief and family support; advocacy and wayfinding; and providing opportunities to improve your wellness.
Closing Date: March 5, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday March 5th, 2021