Company or Organization: Alberta Motor Association
Position Title: Communications Specialist
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: YOU’VE NEVER met A PROBLEM YOU COULDN’T SOLVE
Closed: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South Admin
Do you actually love not knowing something because it gives you the chance to dive in and figure it out? Do you thrive on figuring out how to get the right message to the right audience at the right time? If you answered yes to any of the above, read on.
For you, being a great communicator is more than just being an excellent writer (which you are) or knowing your way around the web, social media and print (which you do), you understand that it’s also about connecting with your audiences, whether they’re internal or external. Because great storytellers always have an audience to serve. You truly believe that good communications help employees feel empowered, customers feel valued, and businesses succeed. You work well with internal clients and can easily get to the heart of the business need and the strategic opportunity. You are not afraid to propose new solutions or innovative approaches, and you are always proud to exceed expectations.
** AMA is hiring (2) Full Time Permanent positions and (1) Temporary Full Time position**
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re part storyteller, part translator. You can turn even the most complex concepts into articles and information that members and employees can use.
- You’ve got the heart, vision and drive of an entrepreneur. You don’t wait for the work to come to you, you look for untapped opportunities too.
- You put your clients and customers first. You really do! You don’t just say it, you do it because it’s so important.
- You work just as well on your own as you do in a team. Collaborating is as natural to you as breathing.
- You’ve got an eagle eye for detail – typos beware!
- Not only are you comfortable with change, you embrace it. And you like to help others through it too.
- You stay on top of industry trends and developments and best practices in the field of communications.
- Resourceful? You’re the resident MacGyver who always gets things done with the resources on hand.
- You bring a creative flair that nails the brief every time for all your projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Brand and Member Experience.
- Provide project management support to both internal and external programs and campaigns.
- Research, write and edit stories of relevance to members and employees.
- Consult with subject matter experts and stakeholders to develop communication plans, content and stories for internal and external audiences.
- Create and edit content in a voice that reflects our brand and a style that complies with Canadian Press, the AMA Style Guide and our editorial guidelines.
- Manage communications services for client business units and marketing teams by preparing strategic communications plans as well as handling the coordination and logistics of implementation.
- Support various company-wide communication channels, including online and print.
- Consider ways to improve internal and external communication processes.
- Support Association-wide communications-related projects and issues.
- Work closely with peers within business units and departments to ensure communication initiatives are aligned.
- Ensure that other business units are kept informed of new initiatives, products and services.
- Help ensure a consistent member and employee experience online and offline through integration between communications channels.
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of communications.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have at least five (5) years of experience in a communications role.
- You have a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in communications or public relations.
- You are an excellent writer and editor.
- A background in community-focused marketing would be a major bonus.
- You have experience writing effective external and internal communications plans that achieve measurable results.
- Project experience would be an asset.
- You’ll get bonus points if you have experience with social media.
- You’ll get a gold star if you have accreditation from CPRS or IABC.
WHAT YOU’LL GET (varies based on Permanent or Temporary status)
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
How to apply: Apply directly at : https://careers-ama.icims.com/jobs/1315/communications-specialist/job
About the Company or Organization:
Closing Date: March 12, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday March 12th, 2021