Company or Organization: Alberta Motor Association
Position Title: Online Content Specialist
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: YOU’RE A NATURAL storyteller.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South
For you, being a great communicator is more than just being an excellent writer (which you are) or knowing your way around the web, social media and print (which you do). It’s about truly connecting with your audience—putting yourself in their shoes, understanding their journey, and building trust. Most of all, you’re a master storyteller who uses insight, creativity and compassion to create copy that makes someone say: “They get me.” And you really do.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You bring creative flair to all your projects, nailing the brief every time.
- You write with clarity, elegance, simplicity and evocativeness—and always know the right tone for the right piece.
- You stay on top of industry trends, developments and best practices in communications.
- You’re an excellent editor with an eagle eye for typos. You probably spell-checked this posting!
- You work just as well on your own as you do in a team.
- You’re not only comfortable with change, you embrace it. And you like to help others through it too.
- You’re a lifelong learner committed to personal and professional development.
- You’re so diplomatic with internal stakeholders, you could work for the United Nations.
- You’re a proud word nerd who knows the difference between license and license.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Corporate Communications.
- Provide support for internal and external programs and campaigns.
- Research, write and edit stories for employees, stakeholders and members.
- Use your knowledge of the Canadian Press Style Guide to create and edit content that’s written in AMA’s unique brand voice.
- Help build the internal and external editorial calendar, ensuring news is effectively communicated in a timely way.
- Support various company-wide communications channels, ranging from online to print.
- Support the streamlining of AMA’s communications.
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of communications.
- Work within tight deadlines to deliver compelling, story-driven content to clients and stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You’ll have a university degree or post-secondary diploma in a related field such as journalism, English or professional writing.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of online writing or content development experience.
- You have a strong writing background, including writing for the web, web usability, image editing and content management.
- You have proven expertise in writing and editing brand content.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and personal “floater” and volunteer days.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
How to apply: Apply directly at : https://careers-ama.icims.com/jobs/1322/online-content-specialist/job
About the Company or Organization:
Closing Date: March 12 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday March 12th, 2021