Company or Organization: APEGA
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Communications Coordinator
Competition # 21-08
- Develop internal communication materials to support strategic initiatives aimed at informing and educating staff, contractors, and other internal stakeholders.
- Employ core internal communication channels that are most appropriate to keep internal stakeholders informed and engaged.
- Be the key Communications contact for the staff intranet.
- Manage low-level to mid-level website tickets to update apega.ca.
- Work with the director to oversee the department budget, including invoicing and credit cards, quarterly forecasts, and annual planning.
- Work with the director to manage sponsorship requests and activations.
- Be the key contact for the organization that manages APEGA’s endowment fund.
- Ensure project deadlines are met by monitoring the director’s inbox and scheduling meetings.
- Attend key meetings and events across divisions and departments to gather critical information and write clear, concise copy to share through internal channels to keep APEGA staff informed and engaged.
- Develop a network of internal communication champions within each business unit to stimulate content and provide feedback for internal communication activity.
- Help write and update key divisional policy and procedure documents.
- Participate with internal working groups tasked with staff engagement initiatives as internal communication liaison contact (e.g., APEGA social committee, Corporate Challenge, United Way staff campaigns, etc.)
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Core Competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
- Functional Competencies: Service Excellence, Teamwork, Attention to Details, Planning and Organizing, Writing Skills, Partnering and Initiative.
- This position provides communication support for APEGA, by writing communication material with an internal focus, by:
- Using communication best practices to ensure quality, accuracy, and professionalism of messages.
- Providing communication support to staff on internal communication best practices ensuring accuracy and consistency of messages.
- Using relevant internal policies, procedures, past decisions, brand styles and voice when creating content.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, PR, Journalism, English or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience within a communication role; internal communications considered an asset.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to expand relationships.
- Strong service-orientation, results driven and proactive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, and SharePoint.
- Proficiency in content management systems, such as Sitefinity and WordPress.
- Experience coordinating projects with multiple contributors and stakeholders, including creating workflow schedules, tracking milestones, and sharing updates.
- Equivalencies may be considered.
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
How to apply: If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources at HR@apega.ca.
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About the Company or Organization: Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change. Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic people who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You are committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and capable of delivering exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse and inclusive team!
Closing Date: June 1, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday June 1st, 2021