Company or Organization: Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation
Position Title: Digital Marketing Advisor
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications: Helping to give all kids the best chance to live a long and healthy life – that’s what we do at the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation. Is that what you want to do, too?
Strategy meets creativity when you’re part of our marketing & communications team.
You’re a true collaborator who’s skilled at working across teams to support diverse fundraising needs. You’re a talented digital writer who can keep it tight, light and bright as you share impact and engage with our community of supporters. You’re a quick thinker and even quicker on your feet as you skillfully manage competing priorities. And at the heart of it all, you’re a genuine digital storyteller who’s passionate about stories that educate, inspire and motivate.
From developing and executing targeted digital marketing for annual fundraising activities to writing compelling content and managing our social media accounts and web presence, you’re a strategist who knows how to reach the right audiences, at the right time, in the right way.
Everything we do is for Stollery kids and their families. And as a member of our award-winning creative team, you’ll work with solution-focused team members who encourage ideas, take initiative, embrace change and celebrate successes.
Reporting to the vice-president, marketing & communications, you will:
Digital content creation and online marketing
- Recommend, develop and implement creative online marketing strategies to promote annual fundraising activities, and to help increase online brand presence and donor engagement in support of annual business plan goals
- Apply industry best practices to create timely, accurate and compelling digital content including video and interactive media to reach key audiences and influence stakeholder behaviour
- Integrate marketing materials across all digital platforms as required
- Create and maintain an annual social media publishing schedule to manage content and prioritize volume of requests
- Lead or provide support to digital marketing systems projects directly related to the digital transformation strategy including website upgrades and builds, marketing automation tools, and content management and content marketing solutions
- Work directly with vendors, including web domain support and digital marketing firms, to improve SEO and web mobility, and to increase effectiveness of digital technologies
- Manage multiple digital accounts and maintain all web domains
- Track and report on analytics to evaluate effectiveness of digital marketing strategies
- Maintain accurate communications records of all digital materials produced by the Foundation
Writing and editing
- Research, write and copy edit timely, engaging, targeted communications materials including web copy and digital ad copy using the Canadian Press style guide
- Align materials with the Foundation’s brand standards and use communications best practices to reach and influence target audiences
- Manage, co-ordinate and/or support approved projects for teams needing M&C support to ensure timely delivery of service and quality outcomes
- Manage projects from conception to completion, providing needs-based customer service within tight deadlines, receiving and implementing creative direction, and working successfully as a technical liaison with Foundation members and digital partners
- Develop and share communications plans to identify project expectations, tactical requirements and measurable objectives
- Co-ordinate production of digital assets with M&C colleagues and internal and external vendors as required to ensure timeliness and quality
- Track and measure project management progress using effective digital marketing tools and database management systems
- Collaborate with Foundation teams to explore new fundraising opportunities and to communicate impact of donor contributions on children’s health
As our ideal candidate, you’re someone who is:
- An educated communicator with a diploma or degree in public relations, communications, digital media or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of communications best practices and has a minimum of three years of related experience.
- An innovative digital storyteller with advanced skills in online marketing and social media management tools such as Sprout Social and Hootsuite, SEO software, Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Highly skilled in project management with an ability to take a project from concept to completion.
- Experienced in Blackbaud NetCommunity or similar email marketing tools, and Raiser’s Edge or similar donor management systems.
- Experienced in building websites with WordPress, HTML and CSS, and has an advanced understanding of web design and web production processes.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment, carrying multiple projects at once.
- Able to work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, with strong oral communication and presentation skills.
- Positive with a solutions-focused attitude that can take initiative and work independently.
- Able to work through sensitive situations.
- Curious, approachable, self-motivated, accountable, flexible, tactful, professional – and fun!
- Able to work outside regular hours to support Foundation events.
- An active member of CPRS (an asset).
How to apply: If this position describes you and you’re motivated to make a difference in the lives of children, we invite you to submit your cover letter, resumé and two web writing samples. Interviews are ongoing – this position will remain open until we find a qualified candidate who’s a great culture fit.
To apply, please email: Jobs@stollerykids.com
** Enter “Digital Advisor” in the subject line.
About the Company or Organization: The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation advances children’s health care right in your own backyard by funding specialized care at the Stollery Children’s Hospital and in communities across northern Alberta: state-of-the-art equipment and facilities; sub-specialty education to train the brightest medical minds; leading-edge research to discover new treatments and cures; and specialized programs that improve family-centred care, child and youth addiction and mental health services, and patient and family outcomes. Together, we can give all kids the best chance to live a long and healthy life.
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate found
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Saturday May 15th, 2021