Company or Organization: APEGA
Position Title: External Relations Specialist
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
Reporting to the Marketing & Sponsorships Manager, the External Relations Specialist provides communications support and advice to external clients to achieve APEGA’s strategic and business goals. This includes building relationships and sharing key messages with multiple stakeholders outside the organization to maintain and enhance APEGA’s reputation and brand, and to help manage and mitigate reputational risk to the organization.
- Developing, updating, and implementing communication plans to support external communication initiatives aimed at informing and educating members, permit holders, and other stakeholders.
- Researching background information and target audiences to develop recommendations on key messages, goals, strategies, tactics, objectives, timelines, and budgets.
- Consulting with internal clients and other stakeholders on goals and objectives of the campaign.
- Evaluating campaign results and making recommendations for improvements.
- Understanding overall sponsorship and partnership goals, priorities, and policies, ensuring sound implementation and effective communication of the priorities to organizations seeking APEGA’s sponsorship support.
- Evaluating incoming sponsorship proposals.
- Assisting with sponsorship planning and goal setting, and regularly reviewing sponsorship-related processes and policies.
- Contributing to the development and execution of APEGA’s public relations strategy in consultation with the Director, Member Engagement & Communications.
- Using online tools, daily monitoring of issues and topics of interest to APEGA and reporting them to the Director, Member Engagement & Communications.
- Researching, writing, and distributing news releases, backgrounders, media advisories, and public service announcements for events, initiatives, and programs.
- Creating and implementing media strategies, including traditional media outlets and technical or sector publications.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Core Competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence, and Teamwork.
- Functional Competencies: Creating and Innovation, Integrated Marketing Communications, Media, and Public Relations, Partnering and Writing Skills.
- Requires business writing and communication planning experience, including knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Requires the demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with ease and clarity, and approach tasks with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities, and meet tight timelines.
- Requires proven writing and editing skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Requires a strong ability to build professional and productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders, including working with diverse groups to engage and develop consensus.
- Post-secondary degree in Public Relations or Communications.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience in business writing and communication planning is required.
- Experience with social media, photography and videography is considered an asset.
- Equivalencies may be considered.
- This position will work remotely to start and will transition to the APEGA office when appropriate and within government guidelines. Employees are required to have a designated confidential workspace at home with quality internet.
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
How to apply: If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources at HR@apega.ca.
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About the Company or Organization: Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change. Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic people who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You are committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and capable of delivering exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse and inclusive team!
Closing Date: May 31, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59am on Monday May 31st, 2021