Company or Organization: The Good Samaritan Society
Position Title: Director, Communications and Stakeholder Relations
Position Type: Full time – temporary
Position Description and Qualifications: Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director, Communications and Stakeholder Relations, is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating communication and stakeholder relations strategies and plans that promote the mission, vision, values, and strategic direction and objectives of The Good Samaritan Society/Good Samaritan Canada. The Director, Communication and Stakeholder Relations leads the Communications department in creating internal and external social media, branding and communications content that showcase the organization.
Duties of the Role
- Provides strategic advice to the President and CEO and members of the executive and strategic leadership team (ELT and SLT) in the areas of communication, media response and general public representation of the organization;
- Provides analysis of internal and external information, media scanning and other relevant data pertaining to the organization’s communication and marketing objectives;
- Conducts environmental scans to keep abreast of legislative and other changes to assess any risks and/or issues;
- Promotes public awareness of the organization’s mission, vision, values, charitable status, and programs and services;
- Oversees the development and implementation of communication plans in accordance with Good Samaritan’s strategic objectives and creates response strategies to complex media and public relations issues;
- Acts as the key point of contact and spokesperson for media queries and provides advice and resources to organization staff appointed to respond to media;
- Creates and leads the development of organizational branding, messaging of marketing materials, websites, social media and advertising content;
- Designs, organizes and directs the overall short and long-term strategic goals and objectives for the organization’s stakeholder relations program;
- Acts as a government affairs liaison to assist the President and CEO in developing relationships and organize meetings as required;
- Coordinates Good Samaritan’s position on relevant local, provincial, and federal policy, legislative and regulatory issues;
- Builds and maintains relationships with any stakeholder group, including government representatives, to facilitate opportunities to advocate and advance decisions that create a better environment for the organization;
- Act as the organization’s Information Officer as part of the Emergency Operations Centre when it is activated.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, political science, or a related field. A related Master’s degree is preferred;
- Minimum eight to ten (8-10) years’ experience in the fields of communications, public relations, stakeholder relations, and media relations, including at least five (5) years’ experience in a communications management position. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Ability to edit and design website, social media and other digital platform content and record, edit and design internal and external video content;
- Exemplary written, oral communication and presentation skills.
How to apply: Please forward your resume and covering letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote competition number CO.21.060.
About the Company or Organization: The Good Samaritan Society (GSS) and Good Samaritan Canada are leading faith-based, not-for-profit, registered charities in Western Canada that provide quality accommodations, health, and community care services and programs to aging individuals in need. With over 70 years of experience providing specialized health and community care services in innovative and caring environments, our operational effectiveness and overarching culture of service and care make us the provider of choice for individuals and their families seeking a supportive place to call home.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Saturday May 22nd, 2021