Company or Organization: AGLC
Position Title: Manager, Communications
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis (AGLC) is looking for a strategic, innovative individual to fill the role of Manager, Communications, reporting to the Director, Communications, Digital Media and Brand (CDB).
As a passionate people leader you will inspire a team of professionals to create, lead and execute communications activities in support of AGLC’s vision. With an eye on high performance and a customer-centred work ethic, you and your team will deliver quality, timely media relations, issues management, and internal and external communications plans and products. You will provide leadership on communications strategies and activities to support the organization’s expected outcomes, and look for opportunities to improve systems and processes to ensure that communication services are delivered efficiently and effectively.
To be successful in this role you will draw on your knowledge and experience in collaborating with various stakeholders, providing communications advice and guidance to subject matter experts, and coordinating media relations activities, including acting as a media spokesperson. Understanding of Alberta’s political system, government decision-making processes and structure, and board governance is an asset.
Post-secondary education in public relations, communications, journalism or a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years progressively responsible communications experience specifically in communications planning, media relations, project management and issues management. Supervisory experience is also required.
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
- While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply: Please visit our careers site at https://careers.aglc.ca/ to create a profile, and apply directly to the position you are interested in.
About the Company or Organization:
Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) is a dynamic organization leading Alberta’s gaming, liquor and cannabis industries. Our team of high performers is driven to provide our customers with outstanding service and Albertans with choices they can trust.
About Policy & Public Affairs:
The Policy & Public Affairs Division supports AGLC’s strategic directions, business priorities and communications. It is responsible for developing Board policy as well as oversees all government relations, media communications, issue management, corporate and social responsibility, FOIP, and strategic communications.
Closing Date: June 21, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Monday June 21st, 2021