Organization: Farmwork to Feed Canada
Positions: Variety of virtual, volunteer positions for individuals with a background in communications, public relations, marketing, digital media, writing, journalism, and business. See list below.
Experience: All levels from students to new graduates to seasoned professionals.
Location: Anywhere in Canada
Description and Volunteer Opportunities:
Passionate about food and interested in using your talents to help support Canada’s agriculture, agri-food and aquaculture sectors that have been hard-hit by the pandemic? Farmwork to Feed Canada could use your help!
Farmwork to Feed Canada is currently seeking volunteers – students, new grads and experienced professionals – for the positions below, most of which are described on our website. All positions are virtual. Time commitment varies from 4-8 hours per week plus time to participate in bi-weekly team Zoom calls and other ad hoc online meetings.
Here is a list of our current positions but, if you have other skills to offer, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Writers / Content Creators – Students, new graduates or seasoned professionals with an interest in researching and writing about food, agriculture, agri-food, aquaculture, etc.
- Graphic Designers / Multimedia Graphic Designers – 3+ years of experience preferred
- Digital Media Specialists – To create content for our social channels
- Experienced Communications / Marketing Professionals – To provide coaching for junior writers
- Business Plan Writer – Student, new graduate or seasoned professional experienced in writing business plans
- Coaches for Junior Writers – Provide coaching and mentorship for our early-career writers
- WordPress Designers – To help design and manage our website
- Administrative Support – Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Trello is an asset
- Translators – To translate website pages and social posts
How to apply: For more information or to volunteer, please visit our website at: www.farmworktofeedcanada.ca or send your resume and a covering note via email to: email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line and mention where you saw our ad.
About the Organization:
Farmwork to Feed Canada (F2FC) is a national, non-profit, volunteer initiative of public relations, communications, and digital marketing professionals who are supporting the hard-hit agriculture, agri- food, and aquaculture sectors during the pandemic.
We have been in operation for more than a year. During this time, our team of more than 100 talented and committed volunteers from across Canada have created an impressive body of work (blog articles and social media posts) that has attracted important partners and influencers. See what we mean by checking us out at:
- Website: http://www.farmworktofeedcanada.ca
- Facebook: FarmworktoFeedCanada
- Twitter: Farmwork2FeedCA
- LinkedIn: FarmworktoFeedCanada
- Instagram: farmworktofeedCanada
Through this initiative, we are also assisting students and new graduates gain real-world experience, expand their portfolios, and benefit from working with and learning from seasoned professionals who are willing to act as mentors and references.
Closing Date: July 9, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Friday July 9th, 2021