Company or Organization: AGLC
Position Title: Senior Communications Officer
Position Type: Full time – permanent
Position Description and Qualifications:
NOTE: This is a temporary position with an anticipated end date of September 9, 2022.
Are you passionate about communications, issues management and media relations? Do you crave working with a team that is incredibly focused, but at the same time has a fantastic sense of humour? If so, bring your advanced writing skills, creativity and strategic communications expertise to AGLC.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, outgoing and engaged professional to join our communications team for a one-year term. As part of this energetic and dynamic group within our Policy & Public Affairs division, you will provide senior-level communications planning, issues management and media relations advice to the Office of the President & CEO, our Board and Executive and senior management teams.
As an established senior communicator, your outstanding collaboration skills will enable you to work with clients in other AGLC divisions to facilitate effective issues identification and monitoring strategies, while your strong time management and organizational skills will assist you in juggling multiple projects from coordinating media interviews to strategic communications planning.
To be successful in this role, you must embrace a positive attitude and a productive, solutions-focused work approach. The Senior Communications Officer is expected to maintain a high level of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy in fulfilling their expected duties and responsibilities.
- University Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related discipline, with a minimum of four years of directly related experience is required.
- Experience in issues management or in an environment that is directly impacted by government decision is desirable.
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
- While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply: Please visit our careers site at https://careers.aglc.ca/ to create a profile, and apply directly to the position you are interested in.
About the Company or Organization:
Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) is a dynamic organization leading Alberta’s gaming, liquor and cannabis industries. Our team of high performers is driven to provide our customers with outstanding service and Albertans with choices they can trust.
About Policy & Public Affairs:
The Policy & Public Affairs Division supports AGLC’s strategic directions, business priorities and communications. It is responsible for developing Board policy as well as oversees all government relations, media communications, issue management, corporate and social responsibility, FOIP, and strategic communications.
Closing Date: June 24, 2021
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Thursday June 24th, 2021