Company or Organization: Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation
Position Title: Advocacy Campaign Advisor
Position Type: Contract
Position Description and Qualifications:
The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation is looking for a campaign advisor to support its advocacy work, playing a role in reaching Albertan supporters of the Stollery. In this position, you will work alongside of and report to the director of strategic partnerships to devise and implement campaign strategies that are aimed at growing influence and support across central and northern Alberta for the Stollery Children’s Hospital.
Everything we do is for Stollery kids and their families. As a member of our team, you’ll work in a trust-based, collaborative culture, with solution-focused team members who encourage ideas, take initiative, embrace change and celebrate successes.
This position is a six-month, full-time contract position, with the possibility of a contract extension.
Key responsibilities are:
- Make recommendations on the campaign strategy and its implementation based on your experience, insights and instinct.
- Support social media strategy and content creation, assist with paid and earned media efforts, organize grass-roots work and conduct research.
- Provide support to the Foundation’s community engagement initiatives.
- Provide support to the planning and execution of advocacy events.
- Establish and manage tracking tools to manage the campaign and measure its success.
- Analyze, interpret and present results on an ongoing basis.
Digital content creation and online marketing support:
- Work in collaboration with the Foundation’s marketing and communications team to recommend, develop and implement creative online marketing strategies in support of advocacy campaign goals.
- Leverage existing, planned initiatives in support of the advocacy campaign.
- Use our database to communicate with key audiences and share impact.
- Create timely, accurate and compelling digital content, potentially including video and interactive media, to reach key audiences and influence stakeholder behaviour.
- Work with the digital marketing advisor to integrate marketing materials across all digital platforms as required.
- Draft and support a social media publishing schedule to share campaign content.
As our ideal candidate, you’re someone who is:
- Educated, ideally with a bachelor’s degree or higher, in an area such as communications, political science, data science, public relations, digital media or equivalent.
- Experienced in working on political campaigns or in a legislative office.
- Experienced in hard skills including data science, database management, media production and co-ordination, and/or social media marketing.
- Confident and insightful in making recommendations in support of the campaign.
- Curious and resourceful.
- Approachable, self-motivated, accountable, flexible, tactful and professional.
- Passionate about children’s health and building grass-roots movements.
- An innovative digital storyteller with skills in online marketing and social media management tools such as Sprout Social and Hootsuite, SEO software, Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
How to apply:
If this position describes you and you’re motivated to make a difference in the lives of children, we invite you to submit your cover letter and resumé. This position will remain open until we find a qualified candidate who’s a great culture fit. This position is a six-month, full-time contract position, with the possibility of a contract extension.
To apply, please email: Jobs@stollerykids.com
** Enter “Advocacy Campaign Advisor” in the subject line.
About the Company or Organization:
The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation advances children’s health care right in your own backyard by funding specialized care at the Stollery Children’s Hospital and in communities across northern Alberta: state-of-the-art equipment and facilities; sub-specialty education to train the brightest medical minds; leading-edge research to discover new treatments and cures; and specialized programs that improve family-centred care, child and youth addiction and mental health services, and patient and family outcomes. Together, we can give all kids the best chance to live a long and healthy life.
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate found
This career listing expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday August 10th, 2021